How to change models on a map?

To clarify I'm replacing the files in the ladder's reborn folder

You may as well drag the folder of the custom model you want to the players folder of the Ladder.pk3. Then delete the reborn folder, and rename your custom folder to reborn.

But then you'll also need to make .skin files for model_acrobat.skin, model_fencer.skin, and model_forceuser.skin. Although it may not be necessary, I think the game will automatically just use the default version of the model if it can't find the skin, but I can't really remember if that's the case for NPCs or not. If not, you could just duplicate the model_default.skin file 3 times and name them all the above names.

You may as well drag the folder of the custom model you want to the players folder of the Ladder.pk3. Then delete the reborn folder, and rename your custom folder to reborn.

But then you'll also need to make .skin files for model_acrobat.skin, model_fencer.skin, and model_forceuser.skin. Although it may not be necessary, I think the game will automatically just use the default version of the model if it can't find the skin, but I can't really remember if that's the case for NPCs or not. If not, you could just duplicate the model_default.skin file 3 times and name them all the above names.

How do I make a .skin file of the components and textures?

I'm able to get the models in just not the textures that come with it

I'm able to get the models in just not the textures that come with it

Okay, so if you followed my steps in my last post, you will need to open up the .skin files in a text editor like Notepad. Then you'll need to find each line that references the folder of your custom skin and change it to say reborn

This tutorial explains it quite well:

https://jkhub.org/topic/10027-skinning-guide-with-team-supportmodviewicons-explained/

Pickles256 likes this