map object with blender

From mrwonko's Blender Plugin manual:

6   MD3

Originally created for Quake 3, the MD3 format is for models, with the possibility of per-vertex-animations (which make for huge les).

It notably uses xed-point coordinates for the vertices, resulting in the requirement that models need to stay within the [-512; 512] range and only have a precision of 1/64 unit, and support so-called Tags to mark locations on the model (e.g. muzzle flash position/rotation on a weapon).
If you want animated map models, this should be the format of your choice.

6.1   MD3 Exporter

Located in \File/Export/JA MD3 (.md3)" or invoked by entering \Export MD3" in the Search Window opened by default with Space.
Acknowledgement: I did not originally write this exporter, I improved upon one I found online which was at the time maintained by Xembie, although I believe he did not initially start it. His version has since been updated and the current version is available on

http://sourceforge.net/projects/md3exporter/

Features:
- Exports animated MD3 models. So if you don't want animations, make sure to set the Blender End Frame to the same as the Start Frame or your model will turn out needlessly large.
 - Looks for a custom property called "md3shader" on the objects to determine the texture to use. (Make sure not to put the custom property on the mesh.)
 - Exports only selected objects.
 - Mesh objects get exported as meshes.
 - Empty objects get exported as tags.
 - Can be scaled and offset using the corresponding Export settings.
 - The "MD3 Name" Export setting should be set to the path of your model including the extension, e.g.

"models/map objects/imperial/eld post.md3".

- Make sure your model does not exceed the [-512; 512] range or you'll get a struct.error on export.