Lord Of The Rings / Hobbit
In honor of the greatest actor of all times, Sir Christopher Lee
This is my kitbash version 1 of Saruman the White from LOTR/Hobbit saga. Beside my child love for Star Wars until nowadays, there is one more great saga and universe, that I love - and that is the one of the imortal J.R.R. Tolkien stories about "Lord Of The Rings". I do love all of them, from Silmarillion to Hobbit and LOTR.
Since we all know, that our beloved actor Sir Christopher Lee has passed away in 2015, I thought that we need one more memory of him in the Star Wars universe and more likely for Jedi Academy. He was not only the man behind Count Dooku from the prequels trilogy of Lucas, but also the great Saruman figure in LOTR and Hobbit.
So I thought I might use, what we already have in here and try to put some little magic on it to see, what happens. I know once there was a try for a LOTR based mod for Jedi Academy, but it never make it out and that was also a reason for this project.
INSTALLATION: Put the ".pk3" file inside your GameData/Base folder.
NPC SUPPORT: YES
SINGLE PLAYER SUPPORT: YES
BUGS: Few small bugs, that I noticed in the test-game.
1. When you/he move the arms, the sleevles are mixing with the arms, but that is not a big problem.
2. When Saruman moves his Head you will notice, that his HAIR and BEARD will "dive" into his body/robes.
SPAWN IN GAME: TWO VERSIONS OF THE CHARACTER
* NPC SPAWN SARUMAN_NOSTAFF (If you just want to have Saruman)
* NPC SPAWN SARUMAN (That one is more prefered for cinematics, slow walks, comics or something like that, where you don't need to move too much with Saruman, his Staff is on his back).
* Playermodel SARUMAN_NOSTAFF
* Playermodel SARUMAN
SINGLE PLAYER SUPPORT:
* Start a NEW GAME, than choose from your JKA character's menu the Temple Guard Armored, select your lightsaber hilt & blade. When you start with the first mission
your character will be the Temple Guard Armored, but in cinematics he will still be called Jaden Korr by the other NPCs.
Scepter weapon included. I thought that you might want to use Saruman with his black scepter, so I had an old LOTR weapons pack that was from FileFront. It is included in the pk3 file, if you want to use just the scepter type in the console: saber b_staff
J.R.R.Tolkien, Peter Jackson, Sir Christopher Lee, LOTR, Hobbit, LucasArts, Jedi Academy, RevanSoftware, HapSlash for his HS_Dooku head, DT85 for his Darth Maul body/robes, Ruxith for the special amazing work he did for the new scepter, hair+beard on the model. And not to forget Rapp_Scallion for his LOTR Weapons Pack.
THIS FILE IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION PUBLISHING, INC., RAVEN SOFTWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY, LLC. ELEMENTS™ & © LUCASFILM LTD.™ & DISNEY, INC.™ AND/OR ITS LICENSORS. STAR WARS®, JEDI®, & JEDI KNIGHT® ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF LUCASFILM LTD™ AND WALT DISNEY, INC.™ STAR WARS®, JEDI®, & JEDI KNIGHT® ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF LUCASFILM LTD™ & DISNEY, INC.™