Using Tyrael64's twi-lek reskin to create the Darth Talon skin we all love, I have created a version 2 with added clothing options and most importantly (for me atleast!) RGB.
This started out as a simple reskin for a friend of mine Fuzzy/sMile when we all came back to JKA and started playing in a JA+ community again, but it quickly turned into something a little bit more involved as I was playing with frankensteining at the time. It's a skin that you have to see to appreciate, as a lot of the change to the skin since Tyrael's skin was released is only seen in-game, when the RGB takes control and you can also look through the species selection to see how much choice you have now. You will see in the readme that I made this skin months ago, i've just been pretty busy to really release anything, so everything's being released at once, like christmas is coming early for you guys lol.
WIP topic: http://jkhub.org/topic/6430-rgb-darth-talon/
I have now uploaded some screenshots to give you a better idea of what's inside the PK3. It features Darth Malgus's respirator, Darth Sion's shoulderguard and Darth Revan's hood; a bunch of sith lord attire for one badass lady of the sith. There are also many specular and glowing shaders which you will notice when you use it in-game. Most importantly for me is the RGB functionality that I have introduced, but it also has a bunch of fresh new icons, using a new background template I have put together to make it stand out from the standard default JK3 icon image that we all use.
It was crazy to send Tyrael a message for credits, not expecting any kind of response but to hear him be impressed with what I have done and sound so enthusiastic, even after him being away from JKA for so long. Things like this give you that motivation to continue what you are doing, even if it's something which to yourself seems to simple, and knowing that frankensteining isn't half as difficult as it would have been back then before the plugins we have now were available.
...and so it begins
A lot of time has passed, I released this updated version nearly three years ago! Since the 2.0 version alpha release I have updated the icons and re-organised the skin so that there is a "model darth_talon" and also a "model jedi_talon" so that RGB works correctly in team based games.
Version 2 of my original Darth Talon skin. Comes with lots of variants to choose from in the species section, I have used jan's goggles, Darth Malgus's mask, Darth Revan's hood and made most things RGB, which works really well with this skin because of how the twi'lek's skin choices change colour.
The new version comes with:
- New head with mouth weights
- Updated tattoos
- Reverse colour option (inspired by sideshow collectibles figure)
- "Ultimate" version with different tentacles model from the swtor female nautolan model, hood and mask
- Compressed files (half the size this release was going to be!)
- New icons
- Modified hoth boots to fit the legs so that they can be used; they're a better shaped footwear than what was used in version
- Tyrael64's reskin of the jedi_tf into Darth Talon. Thank you for your response when I contacted you years ago as I wasn't expecting to even hear from you this many years later, i'm really glad that you liked what I did with it in version 1. Without your PSDs/original files this wouldn't have been possible!
- Captain Leeroy for the additional variant of darth talon.
- Lt.Claim for his ported models of star wars characters, you helped start my "kitbashing/porting models into JKA" fascination.
- Disembowell at Deviantart for the model parts added in version 2:
- Noodle for the advice since bringing this project back from the dead, and creating mouth/face animations for the model
- Omicron for the continued advice and assisting with any texture/shader tweaks for the final release
- Milamber for the continual support with getting my head around frankensteining and 3D modelling over the years, and keeping up with my nagging!
- Sazen/Cloud & Maui for the continual support with getting my head around frankensteining and any 3D modelling in the past, and for making these kind of projects more interesting when I have other creative minds to share the progress with and discuss ideas to along the way.
THIS FILE IS NOT MADE, DISTRIBUTED, OR SUPPORTED BY ACTIVISION PUBLISHING, INC., RAVEN SOFTWARE, OR LUCASARTS ENTERTAINMENT COMPANY, LLC. ELEMENTS™ & © LUCASFILM LTD.™ & DISNEY, INC.™ AND/OR ITS LICENSORS. STAR WARS®, JEDI®, & JEDI KNIGHT® ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF LUCASFILM LTD™ AND WALT DISNEY, INC.™ STAR WARS®, JEDI®, & JEDI KNIGHT® ARE REGISTERED TRADEMARKS OF LUCASFILM LTD™ & DISNEY, INC.™