[Mapping] Bug with a terrain ingame

Go to solution Solved by Szico VII,

Hi all! I'm a new member on this forum. I'm a french mapper on Jka (sorry for my bad english... ;/ ), and I read for many mounths this great forum, it's a very good job ;)

I have a problem with my last map... I've make a big terrain with easygen : 40 000 brushs. But it's an Island, so I have deleted every brushes on the sea ( http://img4.hostingpics.net/pics/920649Sanstitre.jpg ), so I have now 22 000 brushs... It's ok for compiling!

But ingame, I have a bug : some triangles are too high or too low, like this :

957458shot0079.jpg

343730shot0111.jpg

608531shot0112.jpg

But in GTK, this bugs are not existant... I've test to correct map with Bobtoolz, but there is no difference...

Any idea? :(

Thanks for your help!

DkD

Barricade24 likes this
Guest KENNITHH

I had the same issue some time ago, my guess was, was that the terrain was too big, too complex, so I made a new terrain, which was much simpler:

Divisions: 96x96
Widths: 9216x9216
Div.Widt.: 96x96
Max Height: 900

and no more issues
58d2b9ac57.jpg

They suggested me to find those brushes that get higher/lower and remove them in GTKradiant, and rebuild them manually though
  • Solution

That happens if you change the subdivisions (in easygen) by a value that isn't an exact factor of the original subdivision. (or multiples thereof if you're increasing them)

The original subdivisions is based on the size of your starting .bmp, so if it comes out at some weird odd starting number like 507 then just change the dimensions of the starting image by a pixel or two until you have a nice even number.

example.... 500x500 i original subdivisions.

If you change it to...250x250, ill be fine.

If you change it to 251x251then it wont.

example 2......512x512 original

Change to.....say 64x64, 128x128, 256x256, it'll be fine

Change to say.... 60x60, 254x254 then it wont.

Futuza likes this