I need some help, guys.

Bek
Go to solution Solved by Bek,

So as some of you may know, I use a dual monitor setup. However when I woke up this morning, only one monitor was displaying. I've been up all day trying to figure out a solution to this problem.

Here's what I've tried:

- I've applied updates to all of my drivers.

- I've gone into my computer's device manager and rolled back my drivers.

- I've gone into my display settings and messed around with the position of the monitors.

- I've messed around with the configuration of the cords.

- I've reseated my video cards.

- I've tried replacing the cords with different ones. 

- I've gone through the monitor options brought up by pressing the Windows + Shift + P keys.

My computer specs

Initially I suspected that my video card died, but after opening up my desktop I noticed that both fans were running on my video card. This makes me suspect that it's software error, but I'm not sure what. As far as I can tell, my computer can detect the other monitor, but it doesn't want to display anything.

Mmm.. Any help here would be hot.

Smoo likes this

On Windows 10 try pressing: Windows + Shift + P

That should open the multiscreen management menu, that allows you to enable/disable the second screen or clone the first screen to the second one.

Maybe that helps

Topic moved to Jedi Knight Tech Support forum.

(Sorry, I'm not Circa :P)

Shouldn't this be in General Tech Support though :P?

Circa likes this

That should open the multiscreen management menu, that allows you to enable/disable the second screen or clone the first screen to the second one.

Maybe that helps

Shouldn't this be in General Tech Support though :P?

Yeah you silly @@Caelum. Fixed. :P

Caelum likes this

Maybe that helps

I've tried this as well. I really thought it would work too.

• Solution

I've fixed it! At 6 in the morning no less.

I deleted my old drivers and applied a full windows update to my system which allowed the drivers to update to the lastest version. I swear I did this earlier for both of my cards, but I had the same issues. Funnily enough I wasn't even trying to fix the monitor issue; I was trying to enable crossfire lol. Though I'm still scratching my head as to what prompted my second monitor to just shut off. You'd think Windows would notify me when it was time for a update for drivers.

Thanks for all you help guys:

@@AshuraDX

@@Circa

And even you @@Caelum :lol:

Circa and Caelum like this