Water and Tunnels

I'm confused with the Rich's tutorial when it comes to making water in a tunnel. Where exactly does the nodraw shader go? In the images in the tutorial it shows caulked brushes. Here is what I have. I have two " pools " which are the square brushes and a pipe that feeds between them. The brushes in the middle represent the volume of water in the pipe. 

Basically, I know that the top face and bottom face of the pool brushes will be water texture. 

What will happen with those brushes that make up the pipe? Do I just texture the top and each brush face under water with water shader?

Where does the nodraw shader go ? 

I7Trfot.jpg

I'm confused with the Rich's tutorial when it comes to making water in a tunnel. Where exactly does the nodraw shader go? In the images in the tutorial it shows caulked brushes. Here is what I have. I have two " pools " which are the square brushes and a pipe that feeds between them. The brushes in the middle represent the volume of water in the pipe.

Basically, I know that the top face and bottom face of the pool brushes will be water texture.

What will happen with those brushes that make up the pipe? Do I just texture the top and each brush face under water with water shader?

Where does the nodraw shader go ?

I7Trfot.jpg

As I understood it the nodraw shader is used where two waterbrushes meet vertically.

If those are all of your water brushes, you may not need to do that.

I have always problem when connecting the fog brushes. Is there any way to do it?

I don't use fog much in fact, its only in the last room of my last map where i have it. I had a problem trying to connect it as well. It had no HOM effect just a noticeable transition from brush to brush. It might be in the shader but i don't understand shaders much so i generally don't bother.