Dual-Wielding Blaster Pistols For Players.

Hey everyone,

We're currently attempting to implement guns that we all know certain characters had dual-wielded, specifically the Clone Pistol, and Jango's pistols. However, we've run into a bit of a snag. We want to give players the ability to dual-wield certain weapons at will, and make them functional. We know that this has been done before in multiplayer mods, and we're hoping we can do this for Single Player.

Anyone have any ideas? At the moment, the only way we're able to do it is with console commands.

TicNoel501 and Smoo like this

Hey everyone,

We're currently attempting to implement guns that we all know certain characters had dual-wielded, specifically the Clone Pistol, and Jango's pistols. However, we've run into a bit of a snag. We want to give players the ability to dual-wield certain weapons at will, and make them functional. We know that this has been done before in multiplayer mods, and we're hoping we can do this for Single Player.

Anyone have any ideas? At the moment, the only way we're able to do it is with console commands.

It need code hacking. download openjk and search the cultistcommando and blaster pistol functions in the sp code :)

the NPC cultistcommando is the key for double handed weapons.

my tutorial about making weapon on SP can help to found weapons functions.

remember to look NPC.cpp, NPC_spawn.cpp NPC_stats.cpp NPC_combat.cpp etc for cultist commando dual handled pistol. now i not remember exactly where is defined the NPC hardcoding.

It need code hacking. download openjk and search the cultistcommando and blaster pistol functions in the sp code :)

the NPC cultistcommando is the key for double handed weapons.

my tutorial about making weapon on SP can help to found weapons functions.

remember to look NPC.cpp, NPC_spawn.cpp NPC_stats.cpp NPC_combat.cpp etc for cultist commando dual handled pistol. now i not remember exactly where is defined the NPC hardcoding.

We have npcs taken care of, it's giving them to the player what we're trying to do.

We have npcs taken care of, it's giving them to the player what we're trying to do.

Ah... to the player??? O_o

this is hard... i confess i never do nothing like that so i cannot help for moment.

the problem is that is not easy stuff because weapons information are partially stored in single player in weapons.dat

for do that, maybe you need to create a new weapon with invisible model setted into weaponmodel parameter of weapons.dat

after do that, you can add the model to player when player load the weapon by the code, the model need to be equipped by left hand tag  and need to be removed when player change weapon.

and there is the other problem: double, alternate shoot between right hand weapon and left hand weapon,. for this you need to reply the cultist commando code regard that in weapon functions and weapon fx files.

i confess is not an easily work, but is possible to be accomplished with same escamotage.

have you contact authors of MP code mod with double handed weapons for see if they should pass you the source code of their modd? if you study the code about that you can reach a good point.

J19 likes this