How can I use soresu: Form III in JKA?

In JKA lightsaber combat system, It's not easy to fight with a lightsaber like Star wars movie.

There's much damage and I can't bear it.

There's no defense button and it has auto defense system but it is not useful.

I want to fight more securely in JKA.

In fact, I want to use Form III: soresu in JKA so that I can have less damage.

Soresu...... well known defense Form.....

Is it possible to use it in JKA game?

Please keep in mind that I use only a single saber.

I'm not good at dual or staff.

In youtube, I've found some of rare videos.

'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LyDie_pf5Q'

In first video, the player tries to avoid attacks as much as possible and takes a chance for a countattack.

This style is useful in MP but doesn't fit in my method.

'https://youtu.be/6MXZKuT2ocM'

In second video, the player uses walking instead of running,

and uses fast or Heavy form, and uses Force Protection to confront the opponent.

This style fits a little to me but only in the 1 vs 1 combat.

This style doesn't fit in the 1 vs N (against multiple opponents). In the 1 vs N, I have to switch from walking to running in order to avoid siege attacks !!

I can't stand fighting with this style in the 1 vs N.

I've tried both of styles but was not useful for my secure playing.

I'm trying to find a way to play secure combat playing but it doesn't work.

Is there a reasonable way to fight securely with a lightsaber in JKA?

Please tell me if you know how to do it.

Smoo likes this

In JKA lightsaber combat system, It's not easy to fight with a lightsaber like Star wars movie.

There's much damage and I can't bear it.

There's no defense button and it has auto defense system but it is not useful.

I want to fight more securely in JKA.

In fact, I want to use Form III: soresu in JKA so that I can have less damage.

Soresu...... well known defense Form.....

Is it possible to use it in JKA game?

Please keep in mind that I use only a single saber.

I'm not good at dual or staff.

In youtube, I've found some of rare videos.

'https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LyDie_pf5Q'

In first video, the player tries to avoid attacks as much as possible and takes a chance for a countattack.

This style is useful in MP but doesn't fit in my method.

'https://youtu.be/6MXZKuT2ocM'

In second video, the player uses walking instead of running,

and uses fast or Heavy form, and uses Force Protection to confront the opponent.

This style fits a little to me but only in the 1 vs 1 combat.

This style doesn't fit in the 1 vs N (against multiple opponents). In the 1 vs N, I have to switch from walking to running in order to avoid siege attacks !!

I can't stand fighting with this style in the 1 vs N.

I've tried both of styles but was not useful for my secure playing.

I'm trying to find a way to play secure combat playing but it doesn't work.

Is there a reasonable way to fight securely with a lightsaber in JKA?

Please tell me if you know how to do it.

The Fast Form is the best JKA form that is closest to Soresu. Even though you can damage opponents with it, as opposed to Soresu being 100% defensive, the Fast Form fits it the best.

The Fast Form is the best JKA form that is closest to Soresu. Even though you can damage opponents with it, as opposed to Soresu being 100% defensive, the Fast Form fits it the best.

I always use Fast Form in lightsaber combat and think it's a good style.

But with only the fast form, it's not enough to create complete soresu form in JK2 and JKA.

We have to recreate soresu style in JKA so that we don't have to let the opponent attack me.

To do this, we need multiple means.

1. Fast Form

As you say, the fast form fits perfectly soresu because it deflects almost of the blaster bolts and counterattacks almost of the opponent's attacks.

Medium and Heavy are not fast enough to block and counter. And the fast form can catch the opponent's weak points which reveals when he or she uses slower form against the fast form.

2. Walking

In order to do more secure lightsaber combat, you need to do walking instead of running. With this, you can catch the opponent's weak points easier than before. You can slash enemy's weak points when he or she attacks while running. And your mind will be in peace and unbend you mind. Of course, it heals player's mind. It's good for your mental health.

3. Dodge

But it's not enough to do secure combat with these two method, we need more means.

So I want to emphasis on dodging with the Force Jump. You won't be able to block and defend and parry all of enemy's attack. They will crush your defense and slash your body into you. JKA defense system is not perfect. There's no invincible defense in this game. So you have to avoid from the enemies.

4. Force Protection

The soresu Form cannot be completed without this. You have to gain force protection Lv.3 to increase your defense ability. (75% defense up !)

With this skill, you can guard and counterattack like obiwan-kenobi.

5. When you confront multiple opponents while you're using soresu

1~4 methods are based on 1 VS 1 lightsaber combat but not 1 VS N.

1) You have to switch from walking to running in order to avoid siege attacks ! You can't confront multiple enemies while walking. It's too dangerous !! So keep running !

2) You need to use fast form, dodging, force protection unlike switching to running.

It's my soresu style in JKA. How's your thinking?

TheWhitePhoenix likes this

I'd strongly disagree with.. pretty much everything stated. Soresu is, conceptually, a maximized defense. While fast style (blue) has the best defense against blasters, it is absolutely useless against virtually everything else. What you're looking for is strong style (red) for the best available defense.

"There's no defense button and it has auto defense system but it is not useful." here if you want to read and get an idea of how complicated (and how effective) blocking can be. You'll mostly wanna look to sections 1-3 for all the essentials. Minimal of 1-2 for swing stage and defensive/offensive stances.

"Medium and Heavy are not fast enough to block and counter."
"With this, you can catch the opponent's weak points easier than before. You can slash enemy's weak points when he or she attacks while running."
"So I want to emphasis on dodging with the Force Jump." here for an explanation of how strafe jumping works or here for how it is realistically applied, I'd suggest the former since I haven't updated the latter in a while. Alternatively, there are fancy videos at the end of both those posts that show key presses and how it works so you don't have to read my wall of text. :P

"You have to switch from walking to running in order to avoid siege attacks" 

Hope some of that helps! I might have spent way too much time learning how JKA works so if you have questions about any of it I can probably answer. It could also help if you mentioned if this was for SP fighting or MP fighting because that makes a bit of a difference.

I'd strongly disagree with.. pretty much everything stated. Soresu is, conceptually, a maximized defense. While fast style (blue) has the best defense against blasters, it is absolutely useless against virtually everything else. What you're looking for is strong style (red) for the best available defense.

"There's no defense button and it has auto defense system but it is not useful." <- While there is no defense button, the auto defense system is extremely useful (although it's not really much of an "auto defense," its more of a skilled timing defense). However, it's based on a series of principles that explain exactly when it will react and how it will react to a given hit. I've actually broken that down piece by piece here if you want to read and get an idea of how complicated (and how effective) blocking can be. You'll mostly wanna look to sections 1-3 for all the essentials. Minimal of 1-2 for swing stage and defensive/offensive stances.

"Medium and Heavy are not fast enough to block and counter."<- This part is simply not true. Red is the only style I would ever block and counter with, and the parry from a red hit (keep in mind, the game has inbuilt parries, not just a general counter) is exceptionally quick once you've caught the block. Medium is not advisable for blocking though, to be fair. In terms of general countering though, I would still say medium is the better option than fast because it deals more damage, has a slightly higher block rating, has vastly superior range for its swings, and is only slightly slower.

"With this, you can catch the opponent's weak points easier than before. You can slash enemy's weak points when he or she attacks while running." <- I would strongly advise against ever walking in a fight. Speed is your greatest ally, however, if you must walk, I'd use it for blocking as the only practical reason.

"So I want to emphasis on dodging with the Force Jump." <- If we're talking SP, then that's fine generally. But for MP gameplay, jumping away in retreat from your opponent will usually be a death sentence against better opponents. The emphasis here should be on dodging on the ground, focused on distance & movement (hence my earlier speed comment). However, if you have to jump, I suggest understanding how strafing works first. If you feel like reading an unnecessary amount of text, you can look here for an explanation of how strafe jumping works or here for how it is realistically applied, I'd suggest the former since I haven't updated the latter in a while. Alternatively, there are fancy videos at the end of both those posts that show key presses and how it works so you don't have to read my wall of text. :P

"You have to switch from walking to running in order to avoid siege attacks"<- Oh! And the strafing thing works when you're running around on the ground too.

Hope some of that helps! I might have spent way too much time learning how JKA works so if you have questions about any of it I can probably answer. It could also help if you mentioned if this was for SP fighting or MP fighting because that makes a bit of a difference.

I want to beat Alora_dual in SP more securely. That's my best goal.

In precisely, I should win her without HP loss, without my mental hurt, and with good mood !

I've tried more than 100 times to fight her in Taspir III and beaten her but it was not acceptable and clean.

When I dual with a lightsaber wielder, there must be much damage. I don't want to take damages. But I don't wanna use God mode, too.

I'm not using MP. I only play SP because MP doesn't work in my computer. However I don't mind whether it works or not.

So I've searched maximum defense form like soresu. It will be reasonable to take much less damage.

But it's not practical to take less than 1 damage. I wanted to find out how can I fight more exciting with less damage.

Therefore I created my own style with fast style... But it was not perfect.

Blue style doesn't fit in blocking saber slash attacks although it blocks blaster bolts well.

And I prefer walking instead of running because of my mental status.

When I'm using running during saber battle, my mental status goes bad. But with walking, I feel better than before.

And slashing with walking is better for me to fight and beat units who has lower health gauge bar.

And Force Protection is needed to create my soresu style.

I mean, as far as beating Alora flawlessly, it's not hard at all. Most SP npcs aren't, to be fair. 

If you're a perfectionist for an easy battle with no damage, I'd suggest watching 40:00-40:13 in a JKA speedrun here:

If you're looking for an entertaining battle though, well... MP is really where the entertainment from fights come in if you want to learn all the best tactics in the game and be able to do basically what that guy does in the video (much harder in player v player). I'd say for just general SP entertainment value, you should do your own thing and just have fun with it. Once someone teaches you all the combat elements of the game, SP loses most of its value because its just too easy, and MP is the only great entertainment the game offers (don't mistake me-- MP is amazing for what it provides. But JKA's SP just can't hold up to what the engine itself can allow you to do).

I can't imagine why MP wouldn't be working o.O But if you decide you want that fixed, I'm sure there are plenty of people here on the Hub that can help (I might be able to too, but I'm not entirely sure I'll have the answer for whatever may be broken).
Smoo likes this

Um, wasn't there some mod somewhere on here that recreated the saber styles, made blocking manual, replaced Force Absorb with saber force blocking, and made FP regeneration possible only when you stood still? :huh:

Also, how can anyone be bad at using a saber staff? It's a game after all! :huh:

• 8 months later...

I realized that I can't play saber form of the movie and comics in the JKA. The combat system is different between game and movie. I can upgrade defense skill by adding 'ParryBonus' and 'AlwaysBlock' in .sab file and Force Protection also works fine. And When I concentrate on an enemy using crosshair, I can parry his attack more precisely.  But with all of these method, The soresu in the movie doesn't equal to what I am doing.

So I concluded that it's a cake in the picture...  It's... just a bad dream...  :(

Disabling Heavy saberForm to all npcs and Walking during saber combat make it possible.  Of course, running during combat is much more advantageous but I think that's not.

Why do I have to run during battle?  Because there exists Heavy saberForm in the JKA.  So if I disable it from all npcs, I can block most of their attack.

I did and it worked !  I blocked and parried most of their attack with little damage.

1. You need a big value to 'ParryBouns' and also need 'AlwaysBlock'.

2. Saber Offense Lv. 3 and Defense Lv. 3 are required.

3. Walking is needed during the battle because you can parry and block attacks better during walking, and we must concentrate on an enemy via crosshair. Or, you won't block multiple attacks well.

4. You have to activate Force Protection and Force Absorb to make your character more invincible !  Upgrade your defense more more invincible.

5. If you're ready, fight him.

6. Walk to an enemy but don't attack suddenly. Parry and block attacks as much as you can. Wait for a chance to counterattack.

7. When the time has come, swing your saber to tear him apart. And back to the defense mode as fast as you can !

I felt that my character becomes Obi-wan Kenobi at that moment.

But because of that, defeating an enemy takes so long time.  Soresu, the ways of Mynock, it protects me perfectly but I felt bored during the battle.

And Heavy Form breaks this style so I had to run when the enemy uses it.

Smoo likes this