Ideas for a modern Jedi Knight game

Umm no, Anakin Skywalker was capable of Precognition (or at least receiving Force Visions) even before he was a Jedi, therefore making it canon.

Also, I forgot to add feats to my little list.

But Anakin is the chosen one, he's not your average jedi. Your average jedi is Coleman Trebor, who gets rekt by a bounty hunter a mere meters away from him. 

Although combat precog is canon, a game does not have to follow the canon entirely to be good. Look at The Witcher 3, which does not follow entirely the novels.

That's a fair point.

LucyTheAlien likes this

Imagine that you could make a modern Jedi Knight game. How could it be?

My ideas would be the next ones.

a) Title: Jedi Master, because staying in knight is limiting uselessly, since there is a higher rank, which can lead to a more durable game and more powerful Force powers, and also the missions would rank according to their difficulty from padawan to great master, although there could always have unforeseen facts.

b) A game of action-adventure with role elements oriented to the singleplayer, because the games of today are usually too complex to stand out both in singleplayer and multiplayer.

c) Lightsaber combat system as we see in Jedi Academy, but with a button for manual block.

d) The evolution of defense against blasters would not deal with the probability of being hit, but would consist of the number of shots you can deflect at once.

e) Projectiles as missiles that can not be deflected by the lightsaber but can be rejected by Force push would lead to a slowing down of the time when the projectile is close to the character as implementation of super reflexes.

f) Projectiles as disruptor shots that can not be deflected by the lightsaber or rejected by Force push could be dodged by a QTE as implementation of battle precognition.

g) Several ways to reach the same destination, similar to Deus Ex, Dishonored and Hitman.

h) Always control your character, even between missions, have to ride on the ship, etc.

i) A fixed character, because except Shepard, most of the popular characters in the games are not customizable, but include personalization of the gear: lightsaber and suits.

j) New Force powers: radar, dash, blind, telekinesis to grab inert objects and living beings without doing harm, telekinesis to destroy inert objects and living beings, autorregenerative health, two variant of mind trick as indetectability and adopt the appearance of a enemy.

k) Modify Force powers: you can activate Force push and Force pull as fast as you press the buttons, Force jump can be activated without being supported on the ground, as limited flying, Force protection absorbs all physical damage, but its duration is less, Force rage could only be activated after killing several enemies, to be able to guide the lightsaber once thrown out in a slow motion, Force sense works as night vision and allows you in a combo with the telekinesis to locate an enemy and affect her or him regardless of material obstacles, lightning could possess sniper weapon range.

l) No Force pool common for Force powers: there would be independent cooldowns for groups of allied Force powers, for example: dash, Force speed and Force jump would share cooldown for being movement abilities, but Force push and Force pull would have their independent cooldown, similar to Mass Effect.

m) To be able to increase maximum health permanently and to be able to reduce the cooldown of the Force powers to gain experience.

n) Inventary: to be able to carry first aid kits and treat weapons like other objects.

o) New equipment: Force stone, imbued armor, cable hook, lightshield, lightwhip.

p) Numerous puzzles and not too simple that require use of Force powers like Force sense, telekinesis, radar and mind trick among others.

q) Animation to draw and sheathe weapons.

r) To be able to cling to the edge of a platform.

s) To be able to pick up lightsabers of enemies.

t) Non-hostile people for speak, buy, sell, etc.

u) Better hostile behaviour: gunners that are covered and try to flank you, enemy Force users could activate dash or Force speed without you have activated it before.

v) Creative enemies, for example: invisible enemies only detectable with Force sense, enemies that tend activate Force speed when they see you, force you to activate Force speed if you do not want to be stomped, enemies that leave you blind, force you to activate Force sense for perceive the situation, enemies with the appearance of allies that to be unmasked with Force sense, enemies that discover your position when you activate Force Sense, then either you discover their position but several would go for you, or you do not know where they are but you can attack them one by one, invisible traps that are only detected for causing slight disturbances in the radar.

w) Mod support.

x) To be able to separate the lightstaff into two lightsabers: the first is efficient against several enemies with lightsabers and the second against shooters; the single is efficient against a single saberist.

I have no ideas about the story, but not because I do not think it's important, but because I'm more imaginative about gameplay. What do you think?

Technically, no. 3 is already possible in JKA. If you open up the console and set the Saber's Auto Blocking to 0 (which turns it off) by typing "seta g_saberAutoBlocking 0", then binding a key to "+block" (i.e "bind b +block") and you have exactly what you're looking for.

But Anakin is the chosen one, he's not your average jedi. Your average jedi is Coleman Trebor, who gets rekt by a bounty hunter a mere meters away from him. 

But combat precog is an average ability, because it is a requirement to deflect blasters, a skill the Jedi routinely do.

JediBantha likes this

Technically, no. 3 is already possible in JKA. If you open up the console and set the Saber's Auto Blocking to 0 (which turns it off) by typing "seta g_saberAutoBlocking 0", then binding a key to "+block" (i.e "bind b +block") and you have exactly what you're looking for.

Yes, but with "seta g_saberAutoBlocking 0", you continue to deflect shots without pressing the block key, except that you do not move the saber.

Doesn't matter whether or not he's the chosen one - Precognition is an inherent trait in all Jedi, and I said he had it before he was a Jedi. Also, Coleman's focus was on mainly on Dooku and not Jango, since he probably considered the latter as little to no threat to him.