[BUG] Customizable Species Limit

Fire Phoenix

There's no hard limit on those either. There's probably an effective limit of ~100 because of how the search for .skin files is done, but it's more likely that there's a bug or something in what I did.

What's the exact issue that you're having? If in SP are your files properly pk3'd up?

It's Multiplayer. It will be best if I show it on photos:
https://jkhub.org/albums/uS7Ze
My guess is that the game loads skins in alphabetical order. As a result some skins from the beginning A,B,C,D,E etc.. work but later some limit occurs which blocks loading the rest of the skins and puts the icons from the last loaded custom skin.
For example a presented skin begins with the letter "U". Im not sure what causes the error, but I'm definetly sure it's in uix86.dll file. Not sure if that information helps but I'm afraid that's all the information I can provide.

The screenshots I presented, First one from the left shows a customizable character with OpenJK uix86.dll file and the one on right with uix86.dll from JA unlimited mod. This is the only diffrence between these photos, Which means it's uix86.dll file related and thus I'm 100% sure it's part of OpenJK engine =) 

The screenshots I presented, First one from the left shows a customizable character with OpenJK uix86.dll file and the one on right with uix86.dll from JA unlimited mod. This is the only diffrence between these photos, Which means it's uix86.dll file related and thus I'm 100% sure it's part of OpenJK engine =) 

uix86.dll is 100% not part of OpenJK engine.  It is the mod portion of the OpenJK project which means fs_game should be fs_game OpenJK.

It will take a while to upload them all but I found some interesting line in ui_main.c

numfiles = trap->FS_GetFileList( va("models/players/%s",dirptr), ".skin", filelist, 2048 );

Does it mean there is 2048 limit of .skin files or smth?

OpenJK loads fine

It means the total lengths of all the skin file names for a single model have to be less than 2048 characters.

EDIT: You would need over 100 skin files for a single model to reach that limit.