Anybody wanna make this appear on single player menu?

It's pretty simple to do it @@kibasennin you must go inside the .pk3 file and extract only the "models/players/JediTempleGuardv2" folder.

than you need to do this:

Search for "Model_Default.SKIN" than copy & paste it 3 times, with each copy you need to Rename with the following: head_a1.skin | torso_a1.skin | lower_a1.skin

Same process with the file called "Icon_Default.JPG" but this time you will have to type on each of the copies: icon_head_a1.jpg | icon_torso_a1.skin | icon_lower_a1.skin

And you are almost done.

Now you need to open NOTEPAD and inside you must paste this code from bellow:

//colorshadername {action block}

*white
{
setcvar ui_char_color_red 255
setcvar ui_char_color_green 255
setcvar ui_char_color_blue 255
}

Ok, now go and SAVE your file from "File - Save As.." and type this name: playerchoice.txt 

End you are ready. Save those files (icon_head_a1.jpg | icon_torso_a1.jpg | icon_lower_a1.jpg | head_a1.skin | torso_a1.skin | lower_a1.skin | playerchoice.txt) INSIDE your model's folder.
You open up "zzzJediTempleGuardv2.PK3" open "Models/Players/JediTempleGuardV2" and put inside all those files you have created, than SAVE the .PK3 file put it inside your BASE folder of Jedi Academy and start a New Game, go to the characters menu and you will be able to select there the model itself.
Darth Sion, Cerez and kibasennin like this

Here's an example PK3 containing exactly these files to illustrate what @@dark_apprentice has kindly -- and really handily :winkthumb: -- explained to you here. (And no, you can't just copy-paste them -- you'll still have to create them yourself. :P)

In case you weren't aware, @@kibasennin, PK3s are standard ZIP package files. All you have to do is rename their extension to ZIP, and you can open them and/or extract their contents.

Same process with the file called "Icon_Default.JPG" but this time you will have to type on each of the copies: icon_head_a1.jpg | icon_torso_a1.skin | icon_lower_a1.skin

icon_head_a1.jpg | icon_torso_a1.jpg | icon_lower_a1.jpg <-- !

dark_apprentice likes this
  • 3 weeks later...

I just read both of these and my mind is blown!
I'm on a rampage, now, I'm adding characters to my menu by the dozen :D !

Thanks so much to both of you!

Other question, @@dark_apprentice!

How do I give them sound? Cuz I made a sound/chars/npcname folders with all the mp3s in the final one, but it doesnt seem to work...