Maybe convert my Mario64 and Spongebob maps to jka??!

Hey there! In another lifetime I made maps for jk2 under a different name. Back in the day, folks requested I release two of my maps for JKA. Here we are in 2016 and it's increasingly unlikely that I'll ever get around to doing that. Seeing someone upload my Big Boo's Haunt map here on jkhub has made me think I should try to push these old files off my backup disk, so I've decided to release the source files, plus a few extra goodies, for my Super Mario 64 and Bikini Bottom maps. Anyone is welcome to use any piece of these .maps so long as they credit KaiStagon and include the original readmes. Beyond just using the source files for your own projects, maybe you want to convert them to be fully playable on jka?? Again, just include the original readmes and credit my old name. Don't you think that would be a good and cool thing for a person to do? I think that would be a good and cool thing for a person to do. Just a note: these are the original map files, not shady decompiled files. Neato!

Here are some screenshots:

jZTmUpD.png

Sh2RSmz.png

DRNkOZC.jpg

BI4Kcz3.jpg

7a88zHI.jpg

UqJKGCl.jpg

ien1eDn.jpg

2kHQjGT.jpg

zKlxuYj.jpg

Lighting is pretty bad in both maps: It's splotchy in Bikini Bottom and just a tad too dark in Mario64. I think a converter would have to mess around with the lighting. Entities probably need to be recreated--I think triggers and functions are slightly different between JK2 and JKA, no? These maps are also 6-10 years old, and I'm totally open to aesthetic changes, improvements, and additions anyone might want to make.

One huge limitation I was up against with JK2 was the entity & brush limit for MP mapping. If you were feeling particularly daring, you could probably recreate additional Mario 64 levels and paste them in (actually, that would be pretty awesome). The map as it stands includes the castle grounds and full interior, Bob-omb Battlefield, Cool Cool Mountain, The Princess's Secret Slide, and a Bowser boss fight area. I had originally intended to include Jolly Roger Bay, Whomp's Fortress and Big Boo's Haunt when I ran into compile errors. Early versions of the map actually included a pretty poor recreation of Whomp's Fortress (so if you were around when Team Wookiee hosted the ShroomDuck map contest, you might have played this! It was pretty bad!), and I had started on remaking the area, but I dropped it when I realized space was going to be an issue. Similarly, Big Boo's Haunt was fully completed before I had to kick it out. I tried to cut Jolly Roger Bay down to be able to fit into jk2's strict limitations, but wound up cutting it entirely. I've included .maps for the incomplete Whomp's Fortress, the completed Big Boo's Haunt (and you can grab its textures through the link below), and one of the "compromise" versions of Jolly Roger Bay in the .zip. JRB doesn't include the full area, but I don't have a .map for versions when it did.

Back in 2009, I thought about converting Mario 64 to jka myself. To spruce things up, I was also going to add in patch-mesh models of characters from the game. I made those models, but didn't actually get around to converting the map to jka. I've included these files! I'd recommend converting them to .ase files since the small patches tend to do weird things in-game.

Bikini Bottom should be pretty simple. There weren't any limitations (besides my own amateurish design and not great lighting) or additional .maps, so this should be a bit more straightforward.

Another note: I also have .maps for almost all the other SDinc map pack maps, but I'm hesitant to release them since they were collaborations (and some I didn't personally work on at all). However, if any of the maps in the pack strike a JKA mapper here as something they'd like to convert, let me know and I'll see what I can do.

Link to the ShroomDuck inc map pack with textures & shaders you'll need:

http://mrwonko.de/jk3files/Jedi%20Outcast/Maps/Map%20Packs/101773/

Link to Big Boo's Haunt:

https://jkhub.org/files/file/2718-big-boos-haunt/

new .zip with additional .maps and textures:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/9360154/sm64_bb.zip

Asgarath83 and Boothand like this

Hello @@Changes D: personally i had player super mario by... by the first game that show up in the far 1989 to nintendo nes consolle.

i played super mario 1, 2, 3, land, yoshi island and world.

never played mario 64 or other mario 3d game. However i like very much your work. super mario make my childhood.

i am glad to see this importerd on JKA.

personally i am working to a fantasy conversion ot JKA universe to Legacy of Kain universe and i have a desperate necessity of maps for recreate every angle of nosgoth seen on old blood omen game... and it was 2d so it's really hard to make something. >.<

every kind of source files that can contain every kind of prefab that can be used for this finality for me is pretty appreciated D: