A fun bit of unused code

Don't know if anyone has seen this, but it's an interesting, unused hack of code that could probably be reenabled.

https://github.com/redsaurus/OpenJK/blob/custom/code/cgame/cg_players.cpp#L6749-L6948

It's technically in redsaurus' branch, but if reenabled for single saber, it gives an interesting effect depending on which one you use.

so far I know that the Staff type is JK2's /thedestroyer cheat code, and the broadsword one is Kylo Ren's lightsaber.

Smoo and Darth Sion like this

Don't know if anyone has seen this, but it's an interesting, unused hack of code that could probably be reenabled.

https://github.com/redsaurus/OpenJK/blob/custom/code/cgame/cg_players.cpp#L6749-L6948

It's technically in redsaurus' branch, but if reenabled for single saber, it gives an interesting effect depending on which one you use.

so far I know that the Staff type is JK2's /thedestroyer cheat code, and the broadsword one is Kylo Ren's lightsaber.

@@redsaurus

Broadsword is for rag doll, no?

Not quite. From what I can tell, there were several unused saber types, just like how there's a dual, staff and single saber type. Broadsword type is one of them and it has a shape like Kylo Ren. There's also Saber Sai, which look similar, but have the side blades pointed up, a Saber Trident, a Saber Lance (which is just a long saber), a Saber Dagger (which is a short saber), a Saber Star, an Arc Saber (arc as in, the saber is curved), among other things. The code above seems to enable them to function similar to how the JK2 destroyer cheat works.

• 1 year later...
Guest Redemption

@@eezstreet Will putting that code into Jedi Outcast that you linked work? I would like the destroyer as an option for Outcast SP, but I failed doing this a while ago. Exar Kun like, style of combat for the win! I would actually love THIS!!! if what I said can be done :)

@@eezstreet Will putting that code into Jedi Outcast that you linked work? I would like the destroyer as an option for Outcast SP, but I failed doing this a while ago. Exar Kun like, style of combat for the win! I would actually love THIS!!! if what I said can be done :)

I think it'd make more sense to pursue a hilt system like Jedi Academy, but that's just me.