M.E.M.O.R.I.E.S 2003 - -->

Dearest and most beloved Community.

Over the span of 13 years, JKA has enriched our lives, we have met countless of friends who we still talk to, to this day and forth.

As a community member, I have over the span of all these years see people come and go, communities rise and fall and eventually, met friends whom lasted for decades.

This game has been my childhood. I will turn 20 quite soon, and I came to realize... I played this game since 2002. I played it since I was 6 years of age. This has been, in short; all my life.

So I thought... From one community member to other community members, I'd like to ask...

What is some of YOUR favorite memories from JKA?

And I thought, since memories can be good, bad and the sad, let's do it like this.

- 3 Memories that made you laugh.

- 3 Memories that made you the way you more or less are, to some degree.

- 3 Memories that you regret.

- 3 Memories that you wish you could experience on a daily basis.

- 3 ALL TIME Memories.

Do enlighten us! I look forward to this!

Also, I'd just like to say... JKHub is an amazing community and I feel so fortunant to have been a part of this community, and still are a part!

Love and Hugs,

Az'u

eezstreet likes this

- 3 ALL TIME Memories.

Definitely, one memory that made me laugh was a ban I inflicted... it was hilarious to me! :P

I already planned the ban. It started out as an innocent story I told him... with a weird finale. In the end, the guy asked me: "so what?" To which I replied, "I'm asking you: why don't you say goodbye?" -> BAN! And me and my friends all laughed like fools :D

Another fun memory I have is of a multiplayer game, where I pushed a friend of mine straight into a lightsaber staff wielder that slashed him to death!

Another fun memory is of the start of a MBII game on Lunar Base. I picked the Mandalorian class, geared up with my rifle, and in the excitement for the start of the battle, I randomly shot the ceiling. I forgot the glass on the ceiling made the projectiles bounce... and that one bounced shot scored an epic headshot on an AOD guy! An amazing !P followed, but that didn't ruin my good mood for the kill :P

EDIT: Shamelessly tossing this one in as a fun memory... "This is a shortcut, I think!":

http://s28.postimg.org/isp1ezmjx/shot0338.jpg

It's what happens when you sprint with your swoop off a hilltop into trees with experimental shaders :P

I can't really think of memories that made me who I am now, honestly.

I regret having been a bit too impulsive and "fiery" on too many occasions, though on hindsight even once is too much. But I can't help it! ;)

As for the three memories I wish I could experience daily, I'd say, first and foremost, all the phylosophizing late at night, before sleep, on Jedi's Home JL II, and g_gravity 200, like I did every now and then in the far past.

Second, but not less important, meeting some old players once again, fantastic people that I miss seeing around the servers. But life goes on.

Third, visit the TJA (The Jedi Academy) server again, with their "Academy V3" of course, with more than 0 players. It really is the heaven.

A good all-time memory was of a small Siege game, we were about half a dozen I think, but it lasted until like 4:30 AM. I mean, these things happen very rarely, and even more so up until that hour, so, carpe diem! All in all I don't really have many "epic" memories. Definitely worth a mention, though, are the test of the Highest Trampoline Ever, a jump of about 128k units, and the test of about half of the landmass of Cyrodiil I tried to reproduce in JA. Damn epic :D

therfiles likes this

I've only been playing JKA since '09, but I've played it pretty religiously since starting.

Some of these answers are vague, or maybe not exactly a memory of any one particular event.  I didn't want to give people a whole wall of text to try and read, nor did I want to type it.

Memories that made me laugh...

-I remember one of my first good friends, who used a trandoshan model, was lurking around the mountainous bit of ffa5.  I had a favorite corner up there to snipe from, so I went there and was attempting to snipe him.  He disappeared from sight, then... this frigging scary trando face popped up in my scope AT CLOSE RANGE.  I tried to snipe him, but he had seeing.  :(

-One of my clanmates and I had pretty much mastered the A-mountain, so we decided to literally drag our other mate up because he couldn't make some of the jumps.  He had no means to heal himself, so while my buddy was force gripping him upwards, he died.  Good times.

-My 'acceptance' into the clan I'm currently in... because it was kind of a bet that if I won against a certain person, I wouldn't have to join.  I lost, and rather than be sour about it, I joined.  This is a recent event, and I'd say that most of the time I've spent with these people has been hilarious.

Memories that made me the way I am...

-First, I'd just like to say that I cringe when I remember how I acted in my early years of playing JKA.  So those memories are kind of what I tell myself NOT to do.

-The aforementioned trandoshan was the first JKAer I remember meeting who typed with near-perfect grammar and punctuation.  I copied his typing and now it's a habit that I'm glad I have.

-There are definitely people who have influenced me, even through the game.  I'll admit, they've had both good and bad influences, but the majority fall into the 'good' category.

Memories that I regret...

-Again, the early years.  If I could go back and skip those and go straight into the second stage of my JKA times, I would.  It's not that I was a troll or anything, hah, I just... didn't really exhibit control and got myself into some awkward/annoying situations.  Of course, it's impossible to avoid all of those even now, in what I'd consider the third stage, but I can handle them in a much better fashion.

-I don't know how to phrase this in a way that doesn't sound horrible, so here: I regret meeting certain people.  I remember feeling uncomfortable around them, which was never really fun.  Most of them are long gone now, and those that aren't gone have either mellowed out, or I've just learned to deal with them.

-To this day, I regret the fact that I'm known by at least 3 different names.  Like, here I'm ChaoticConundrum, but I NEVER use this name on JKA.  My friends from 1.00 know I'm both Artemis and Artsalad, but I'm fairly certain that since switching back to Artemis (recently, when I ended up with clan tags again) on 1.01, half the people I hung out with as Artsalad don't realize that we're the same person.  Too late to try and go back now... people might start wondering where Artemis went.  >.>

Memories that I wish I could experience on a daily basis...

-I don't really know how to answer this one.

All-time (best or worst?) memories... hmmm.

-Running a clan.  That whole ordeal was something else.  I wasn't the only leader, which was nice, and it was a good length of time.  But I don't ever want to try that again, haha.

-Someone observed that every clan I'd been a part of had died.  That comment has been something I've carried with me for a while now, and it's one of the things that made me reluctant to ever wear another clan's tags.

-Reaching a score of -1000 by use of a /kill bind.  Because who HASN'T done that?

You're all making me sad. Warning, long post ahead. I'll forgive you if you said TLDR :D

Back in 2005 we had this un-admined duel server in 1.00 and somehow the settings were on 15min rotations meaning each two player gets an entire 15 mins while everyone just spectates. Noobs would join and then my friends would trick them into /disco /qui gon etc to shorten the queue.

Hiding in a glitch in FFA3 and shooting at people with the DEMP alt fire so it produces no visible shots. Spectating was disabled lol.

Standing on folks' heads while they were taking the elevator.

I was a backslashing duals noob and no matter how hard I tried picking up single I just couldn't cause I'm a slow learner. Then one of my pro friends in this top clan was laughing at me in front of his other clan-mate who immediately said he'd teach me. After I improved tremendously I found out that he had stayed up til 2AM to teach me. I never forgot that he gave me a chance and sacrificed sleep for it. Now I retain the same attitude he passed on to me.

I am in a clan that used to have a great Euro leader. We wanted to be top but he mentioned to me in order to do so we'd have to remove several people including the inactive ones and 'ones that just couldn't be good' (ie mentally slower IRL). I said no because I knew of two inactive guys who were faithfully loyal. My Euro counterpart left together with most his Euro followers. I was grieved but I would never trade loyalty for skills, nor leave slower folks behind and I believe that to this day.

In 2003 I played in no-lamer FFA servers so I grew up with that mindset. It made me very Nazi at one point, in CTF I'd be in spectate mode literally following every single person to see if they lamed and kick them. I still dislike laming now, but am less anal about it.

Being a coward pre-fixes era. I was in my server with a known pro player who was also known for crashing. A guy joined and asked if my clan had this person in it - which was him actually - and the pro player started dissing that person in my clan. I said no because I was worried he'd crash. Felt damn bad, no way to describe it.

Being too hard on a clan member. He wanted a promotion so badly but I felt he could be better first even if my own skills were equally mediocre. He left and later became a very loyal member of another clan.

Watching a third party destroy two big clans. This guy infiltrated most of the large clans and made his way to leadership positions and tore them apart. I was in one of those (was multi-clanning) but since I had my own clan decided to just let things play out. The second time he joined a friend's clan I wanted to tell them but it's hard because who knew if he'd changed or they might say I was being a busybody. That clan blew apart and I regret because those players left.

I miss teamwork so badly. Loved Siege and CTF with regulars. We played so seamlessly we could turn scores and losing teams around. People would leave when me and my clan-mate or some other friends entered. I'm trying to find such teamwork elsewhere (currently L4D2) and it frustrates me to no end that I can't.

Just opening the game and there would be players, better if they were regular people who I know and vice versa. JKA is a graveyard of bots and empty servers. I miss days of full servers without bots.

Spending time with clan mates and friends doing stupid stuff. We'd draw pictures, take suggestive screenshots and all. Now that's been reduced to one single Christmas gathering annually.

- 3 ALL TIME Memories.

As Art above mentioned. Running a clan. Learnt a great deal from it and it made me a better person. More paranoid too, with all the damn crashers, infiltrators and spies from rival clans. Yea, I have trust issues after my first server provider simply copied my clan server for their new client. Sheesh. Now I run my own.

Watching people. I love watching people in the game just playing and enjoying themselves or even arguing, like Polish players insulting Russian players over history, or is Arsenal or Man U better etc. It's entertaining and makes me smile.

Learning. As mentioned I'm a slow learner. My mentor threw me into coding, hex stuff (and bloody Linux) when I had absolutely zero knowledge. I must have whined more than the whole planet combined. Somehow I survived through to make changes to Jampded and the game in general. That's years ago though and the idea of going back to what I'd call algebra makes me cringe.