Replacing Reborn Npc

It can be a bit tedious considering the amount of available variants in Spanki's pack, but overall, you need to:

1. Extract: reborn_new.npc, reborn_twin.npc, reborn_dual.npc, reborn_staff.npc (assets1.pk3 (open this with winrar for example) - ext_data - npcs); do this with cultist.npc's as well, if you want.
  2. Open each of them and change the "playerModel" variable from "reborn_new" (for example), to whatever you can find in Spanki's "npc name.txt" (for example, Aviar); alternatively, change "playerModel reborn_new" to "playerModel jedi_sithspanki" (or any other in Spanki's .pk3 file "models" directory), and add (or change) "customSkin head_a1|torso_a1|lower_a1" (for example)
  3. Change other variables as you see fit. For example "saber", "saberColor" and "FP_" correspond to the character's saber hilt, saber color, and specific force power(s).
  4. Save as "reborn_new.npc" - this is important.
  5. Create a new winrar/ winzip/ whatever archive named for example newrebornreplacement.pk3 - .pk3 extension is important.
  6. Stick the edited .npc's into the archive.
  7. Stick your new .pk3 into the game's "base" folder.
  8. Run the game
  9. ???
  10. Profit.

I'd suggest you start playing around with the vanilla game models and skins in the .pk3's, to get a feel for it. Hope it's clear.

Darth Sion likes this

there' actually plenty of Reborn replacers available, just not Spanki's I think :D

To be honest, I'm surprised nobody's done this "Reborn Replacement" mod, yet.. There's some awesome material/content in that Spanki's Customization Pack. All the variations of different Sith's you could have, like Darth Maul with a slight twist. etc.

To be honest, I'm surprised nobody's done this "Reborn Replacement" mod, yet.. There's some awesome material/content in that Spanki's Customization Pack. All the variations of different Sith's you could have, like Darth Maul with a slight twist. etc.

I'll keep playing around with stuff and see what I can do. I'm pretty new so I don't know how long it'll take me. Also, I'm gonna need help with how to credit the correct people on release.

Darth Sion likes this

Ok I've gotten it to work with one reborn, so I'd imagine it is more or less the same with the rest. The hardest part now really is just gonna be choosing outfits for different characters with all the options.

Link for the one reborn I've finished.

I also am going to go find some nice sith saber hilt models.

Just to appease everyone, it might be an idea to reveal some screenshots, too. That way we all know what we're getting ourselves into. Just as long as you're trying to stick with Star Wars lore (to a degree)..

But I believe there are different levels of Reborns, though. Some with saber staffs, some with Dual Sabers. etc. And I think it all depends on their Rank/Force Ability. So it might be worth considering that the "lower ranked" Reborns (whilst not looking generic) have a similar look/feel to them and then you get a Reborn who is a much higher rank and you could essentially go along the lines of Sith Lords, such as Darth Malgus, Darth Maul, Count Dooku.. And others from the Star Wars EU lore. Just to sorta' help with creativity and ideas.

Just to appease everyone, it might be an idea to reveal some screenshots, too. That way we all know what we're getting ourselves into. Just as long as you're trying to stick with Star Wars lore (to a degree)..

But I believe there are different levels of Reborns, though. Some with saber staffs, some with Dual Sabers. etc. And I think it all depends on their Rank/Force Ability. So it might be worth considering that the "lower ranked" Reborns (whilst not looking generic) have a similar look/feel to them and then you get a Reborn who is a much higher rank and you could essentially go along the lines of Sith Lords, such as Darth Malgus, Darth Maul, Count Dooku.. And others from the Star Wars EU lore. Just to sorta' help with creativity and ideas.

This was my idea for the basic Reborn. This nor any other pics I upload of models are completely solid so please give suggestions.

This was my idea for the basic Reborn. This nor any other pics I upload of models are completely solid so please give suggestions.

It's a good start, but I wouldn't go with those Jedi Robes, as such.. Unless they're being portrayed as "Dark Jedi".. And even then, it's not an overly great choice. Technically, the Reborn's are Sith Warriors. So if it's available in the Customization Mod list, go with darker Robes. Mix it up a bit..

Using Google is always a good place to look, too.. Click this link:

https://www.google.co.uk/search?q=Sith%27s&hl=en&biw=1920&bih=955&site=webhp&source=lnms&tbm=isch&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwj-hpqemOnKAhVGtRQKHYyoBeMQ_AUIBigB

A rather long one, I know.. But it should certainly help with inspiration and ideas.

It's a good start, but I wouldn't go with those Jedi Robes, as such.. Unless they're being portrayed as "Dark Jedi".. And even then, it's not an overly great choice. Technically, the Reborn's are Sith Warriors. So if it's available in the Customization Mod list, go with darker Robes. Mix it up a bit..

Using Google is always a good place to look, too.. Click this link: https://www.google.co.uk/search?hl=en&site=imghp&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=1920&bih=955&q=Sith+Warriors&oq=Sith+Warriors&gs_l=img.3..0j0i5i30l2j0i24.1196.3308.0.3411.13.10.0.3.3.0.112.925.8j2.10.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.13.930.rTT4CjIuZkw#imgrc=_

A rather long one, I know.. But it should certainly help with inspiration and ideas.

My wondering is if I should have the weaker enemies such as the basic reborn be less clothed and visual and the more intimidating ones be more covered and mysterious or vice versa. I almost think I should make the weaker characters have head coverings and such to make them less memorable and the more skilled ones have either unique species heads or just basic human heads uncovered.

My wondering is if I should have the weaker enemies such as the basic reborn be less clothed and visual and the more intimidating ones be more covered and mysterious or vice versa. I almost think I should make the weaker characters have head coverings and such to make them less memorable and the more skilled ones have either unique species heads or just basic human heads uncovered.

Well, go with what you feel really gives off that "Sith Warrior" or "Sith Lord" effect. I've just updated the link, above, a little.. For better and more varied results. But think about the era, also. If Jedi Academy is set after 'Return of the Jedi', (Thinking more of 'The Force Awakens', here.. With the likes of Kylo Ren. etc.). It's worth noting his powers and Force ability, but also his overall look/appearance. Just something to consider. But I understand your point about the weaker Reborns.. They're not overly that skilled at all and hardly have any Force powers or even use them and are more about Saber skills, then you could go with more of an "Apprentice" look. But then, you should also consider Darth Malgus' role in "The Old Republic". His master was Lord Vindican..

Also another thing to consider, is they don't all have to be human, either.. Look at the likes of Darth Maul, Darth Vader (cyborg/suit form). etc.

Well, go with what you feel really gives off that "Sith Warrior" or "Sith Lord" effect. I've just updated the link, above, a little.. For better and more varied results. But think about the era, also. If Jedi Academy is set after 'Return of the Jedi', (Thinking more of 'The Force Awakens', here.. With the likes of Kylo Ren. etc.). It's worth noting his powers and Force ability, but also his overall look/appearance. Just something to consider. But I understand your point about the weaker Reborns.. They're not overly that skilled at all and hardly have any Force powers or even use them and are more about Saber skills, then you could go with more of an "Apprentice" look. But then, you should also consider Darth Malgus' role in "The Old Republic". His master was Lord Vindican..

Also another thing to consider, is they don't all have to be human, either.. Look at the likes of Darth Maul, Darth Vader (cyborg/suit form). etc.

Ok I've now gotten a couple done and I'm still not really sure if these choices are all good but heres the file. I'm gonna get working again tomorrow so hopefully this will be done by the end of the week. 

Ok I've now gotten a couple done and I'm still not really sure if these choices are all good but heres the file. I'm gonna get working again tomorrow so hopefully this will be done by the end of the week. 

I'm gonna wait until the full mod is ready for uploading, before I download. That way, if you include a bunch of screenshots, I and others can see what the characters look like, before applying them to the game. You should also try and include some screenshots in this thread, so we can get a general idea of what you're going with and can help advise on improvements and what not..

I'm gonna wait until the full mod is ready for uploading, before I download. That way, if you include a bunch of screenshots, I and others can see what the characters look like, before applying them to the game. You should also try and include some screenshots in this thread, so we can get a general idea of what you're going with and can help advise on improvements and what not..

I will upload screenshots but it would really be helpful if people could just quickly test the mod for themselves to see how the skins feel.