Kylo Ren SOUNDPACK & VOICE WORK confirmed

The version of Disney Infinity 3.0 you purchased with The Force Awakens content, is this on Steam PC?

Yeah, it's available on Steam. But I didn't buy it through Steam. I downloaded the free version of Disney Infinity 3.0 from the website (https://infinity.disney.com/en-gb) and then bought my packs and content through the game, which took me to the PC Store, found here; https://infinity.disney.com/en-gb/pc-shop

But yeah, I think it is available through Steam, too.

Yeah, it's available on Steam. But I didn't buy it through Steam. I downloaded the free version of Disney Infinity 3.0 from the website (https://infinity.disney.com/en-gb) and then bought my packs and content through the game, which took me to the PC Store, found here; https://infinity.disney.com/en-gb/pc-shop

But yeah, I think it is available through Steam, too.

Alright. The only reason I asked is because the version I have is only allowing me to play the "demo" of The Force Awakens playset, which is the reason the game continues to close itself when I reach a certain stage of the demo, which is not allowing me to continue to record Kylo Ren. I asked if you purchased it on steam because I could have logged in and downloaded it through your Steam which would have the content unlocked so I could record it then un-install the game. But since you didn't obtain it through Steam, I am officially stuck until a torrent gets released which includes the DLC of The Force Awakens.

Dudes, I've got a pretty "darn good if I can say so" Kylo Ren effect going, even with my own voice. it's totally usable and frankly beats what the jokers on youtube are doing. Pardon me, I just joined this forum, is there a way to send/post a sample file? Otherwise anyone interested can message me with their email and I'll send a small mp3 over. If anyone needs Kylo Ren dialogue for their mod, I believe I can generate it.

Dudes, I've got a pretty "darn good if I can say so" Kylo Ren effect going, even with my own voice. it's totally usable and frankly beats what the jokers on youtube are doing. Pardon me, I just joined this forum, is there a way to send/post a sample file? Otherwise anyone interested can message me with their email and I'll send a small mp3 over. If anyone needs Kylo Ren dialogue for their mod, I believe I can generate it.

Vocaroo is a good way of quickly sharing sounds, just post a link here so we can all here and then I'm sure if "Kylo Ren" and others here like it you can send em higher quality flac/wavs via email.

JKG Developer

Vocaroo is a good way of quickly sharing sounds, just post a link here so we can all here and then I'm sure if "Kylo Ren" and others here like it you can send em higher quality flac/wavs via email.

Nice idea but that Vocaroo site just records you on the spot via your camera microphone... to be clear I'm not doing an impersonation here lol. I replicated the effects processing using plugins that gets you the Kylo Ren voice/mask effect and it seems to work well on almost any male voice recording, I've yet to put some Adam Driver dialogue through it though I might try that today :)

Any other suggestions on where I can upload some samples to show you guys? is myspace still a thing? lol

Nice idea but that Vocaroo site just records you on the spot via your camera microphone... to be clear I'm not doing an impersonation here lol. I replicated the effects processing using plugins that gets you the Kylo Ren voice/mask effect and it seems to work well on almost any male voice recording, I've yet to put some Adam Driver dialogue through it though I might try that today :)

Any other suggestions on where I can upload some samples to show you guys? is myspace still a thing? lol

You can upload files to it as well.

JKG Developer

... its works more or less, he's so soft spoken in his interviews so he doesn't at all come across as in character, plus the noise floor and room tone is so high and the effects amplify that.. I'm going to go ahead and make a customized Kyloren sound pack and post that later. Keep watching lads.

Ah here we go. First test: Adam driver giving an interview as Kylo Ren. Turns out I can actually do a slightly better job with my own voice, this recording I sampled off of Youtube is full of noise :( still you get the idea. Some further tweaking required but let me know what you guys think?

http://vocaroo.com/i/s00p8zWOHQmz

It's very nice, sounds like it's missing something still...not sure what.  Maybe it's just because of all the noise.

JKG Developer

It's very nice, sounds like it's missing something still...not sure what.  Maybe it's just because of all the noise.

True, the EQ is a little out of balance I was tinkering with it too much, trying to compensate for his lack-luster performance, and boosting all sorts of noise :( Adam driver is fired but I'm still going to nail this  :sun: stay tuned. Thanks for checkin it.

Just use Dropbox or Google Drive.

Alright. The only reason I asked is because the version I have is only allowing me to play the "demo" of The Force Awakens playset, which is the reason the game continues to close itself when I reach a certain stage of the demo, which is not allowing me to continue to record Kylo Ren. I asked if you purchased it on steam because I could have logged in and downloaded it through your Steam which would have the content unlocked so I could record it then un-install the game. But since you didn't obtain it through Steam, I am officially stuck until a torrent gets released which includes the DLC of The Force Awakens.

Dudes check this out! I think this is nearly as close as I'm going to get it. Feedback much appreciated

http://vocaroo.com/i/s0DTUE8yqDmO

Very nice. I think it might be a little too distorted. Did you over-compress or did use use some kind of distortion/overdrive plugin?

Oh right, both actually. There's 4 different layers doing different stuff. Heavy compression on some, little on others, and many different stages of tube saturation.

Sounds good. What tube saturation are you using?

Thanks. There's some tube saturation built in to a vocal channel strip plugin I'm using, also Datube which is a simple tube drive plugin I think came with Cubase. Really anything that simulates what a 12ax7 preamp tube does will do the trick. If I were to do it again, (for a paying gig) I might re-amp the signal and put it through over-driven tube pre-amps, maybe some overdrive pedals and/or my guitar tube amp. I'm sure they did something similar for the real thing :)

Nice. I don't think his voice was all that overdriven though. Take a listen to the trailer again (since we can't hear the movie on demand yet :P).

I think it's pretty close, the problem now is that your voice is now too distinguish-ably different from his.

I'm pretty sure they cleaned up his vocal a little extra for the trailer. In the movie his voice seemed much more distorted to me.

True, The main challenge was balancing out too much overdrive/trying to cover up the fact that I don't sound like Adam Driver... I have a few more ideas on how to approach it. I'll make another attempt soon I think.