International Gaming League

• 2 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

Hello,

I wanted to make it a point to personally come and apologize for confirming that we won't be supported Jedi Academy. The reason is pretty obvious--the demand for the game has by and large, over the last 10 years of its existence, ceased to exist. As a result, we prefer not to move forward with a game for which the league sees no future return for.

We will be holding a "Classics" section for the league and as a very long-time JA player myself, I'd love to add the title to our list of "Classic Games". In time though.

In case the question comes up, our cut-off point for JA was attracting a minimum of 1,000 players to the league. Unless we can achieve this, there is unfortunately no way for us to justify infrastructure and branding costs to handle the title. 

We're aiming for an open beta in late March and have 7 Launch Cups currently lined up. We're working with the game developers to make their titles are fully supported right at the get-go of the beta. We hope to see you there.

Best,

Eyal Toledano

Founder/CEO at IGL

www.playigl.com

Guest Kel'ariy Ory'Hara

what? thats messed up igl boy, i say shame on your leagues mess.

jka still has good life, i say your league is a fraud.

you and your league shall be squished by our maul

Hello,

I wanted to make it a point to personally come and apologize for confirming that we won't be supported Jedi Academy. The reason is pretty obvious--the demand for the game has by and large, over the last 10 years of its existence, ceased to exist. As a result, we prefer not to move forward with a game for which the league sees no future return for.

We will be holding a "Classics" section for the league and as a very long-time JA player myself, I'd love to add the title to our list of "Classic Games". In time though.

In case the question comes up, our cut-off point for JA was attracting a minimum of 1,000 players to the league. Unless we can achieve this, there is unfortunately no way for us to justify infrastructure and branding costs to handle the title. 

We're aiming for an open beta in late March and have 7 Launch Cups currently lined up. We're working with the game developers to make their titles are fully supported right at the get-go of the beta. We hope to see you there.

Best,

Eyal Toledano

Founder/CEO at IGL

www.playigl.com

Thank you for your response! We would love to see JKA among the classics! I totally understand your reasons for discontinuing your support of the game.