JO to JA map conversion

As far as scripting is concerned, the only thing you need to change is any blocks like these:

affect("kyle")

to

affect("player")

You also need to make sure that your textures exist in JKA and you'll need to redo the waypointing as JKA uses different entities for waypoints. If you didn't use waypoint_2/waypoint_4/waypoint_8/waypoint_16/whatever then you won't need to do anything with waypoints.

Some spawnflags may have changed as well on the triggers, but I honestly don't remember. The NPCs are different. If you made any changes to npcs.cfg, you need to export these changes to the .npc files (and actually, .npc files do work in JK2, so keeping that in mind may save you time)

As far as scripting is concerned, the only thing you need to change is any blocks like these:

affect("kyle")

to

affect("player")

You also need to make sure that your textures exist in JKA and you'll need to redo the waypointing as JKA uses different entities for waypoints. If you didn't use waypoint_2/waypoint_4/waypoint_8/waypoint_16/whatever then you won't need to do anything with waypoints.

Some spawnflags may have changed as well on the triggers, but I honestly don't remember. The NPCs are different. If you made any changes to npcs.cfg, you need to export these changes to the .npc files (and actually, .npc files do work in JK2, so keeping that in mind may save you time)

Well , that doesn't sound to bad. I think I only have one NPC on a waypoint system but everything else is scripted through nav goals. I also didn't make any changes to npcs.cfg since I didn't add anyone new and I scripted all NPC attributes anyhow. 

Textures are going to be the problem. 

I know ladders do not work and there are no light amplification goggles either, right? 

• 4 weeks later...

usable JO triggers are spawnflag 1, Usable JA triggers are spawnflag 4.  You may already know that one though.

there is also a difference with some models using them in JO that work in JA, In the forest house conversion I did, some trees I had to change to misc model static to see them in game.  mostly the smaller trees did that.