OpenJK default config

Wystan

I don't understand the question. What do you mean by "changing the default config"? Nothing has changed in OpenJK with regards to how you change settings. Do you mean how to change the settings that a fresh/brand new OpenJK build comes with?

It will load it from both directories, with priority given to the "homepath" aka fs_homepath cvar

This means you can set the homepath to GameData (i.e. run with +set fs_homepath ".") to preserve the original behaviour of JA.

Why can't you put a config in the mod folder? Are you talking about releasing a mod with a config that is automatically executed?

It's not really a safe/suggested way to name it the same as the default config - I would recommend naming it something else, putting it in a PK3, and having your shortcut execute that config on startup.

I think you're just misunderstanding the point of a "base" directory and a "homepath" directory, i.e. full multi-user support as it was on Linux/Mac before OpenJK.

The base path should not be user-writeable, it should only contain the base assets/PK3s, it should be read-only.

The homepath should be a user-writeable directory where configs and related data (demos, screenshots, etc) are stored. You can also put mods there if you wish.

openjk.x86.exe +set fs_homepath "."

"." means "current directory" i.e. GameData.

Assets are loaded from [fs_homepath|fs_basepath]/fs_game i.e. "GameData/base" then "C:/Users/name/Documents/My Games/OpenJK/base"

Can you describe how it crashes? Do you see anything before it crashes? Do you get to the main menu? OpenJK is still in active development so if you mention it to us then it will[/i] get fixed. Having to do something to avoid a fix doesn't help the rest of us.

There isn't a console anymore (I assume when you say console you mean the little window with text that pops up before the main window appears). What do you mean by SP customization exe? Are you using a modded SP exe? Or are you using extra mods with the SP exe?

There's a known issue which is currently unfixable with the base JKA SP dll which makes it incompatible with OpenJK SP. The solution to this is to copy OpenJK/jagamex86.dll into your base/ folder.

Pretty good chance that red isn't keeping that up to date.

And, you could ship with an autoexec_sp.cfg in the basepath folder rather than a forced main config because most people probably wouldn't like a forced config in general.