Scripting Subtitles

If I remember correctly they're based on filenames of sounds played, so you'll want a (possibly silent) sound file for each thing said, plaid using the appropriate command. Take a look at the existing .str files and their soundfile counterparts to better understand this.

Tell me if you need more detailed information and I can look into it myself, though the above should be enough to figure it out.

If I remember correctly they're based on filenames of sounds played, so you'll want a (possibly silent) sound file for each thing said, plaid using the appropriate command. Take a look at the existing .str files and their soundfile counterparts to better understand this.

Tell me if you need more detailed information and I can look into it myself, though the above should be enough to figure it out.

What you said, err typed, was close enough to what I need to figure out. I initially thought it was to do w/ PRINT so I'm glad I asked.

INDEX 0
{

REFERENCE 01JAO001

TEXT_LANGUAGE1 "Preparing for final approach. Whatever's causing those transmissions, it's not showing up on any of the sensors. This Imperial outpost looks as abandoned as reported."
}

In the STRIP folder I found the text for cutscenes for each map. It looks like the reference number there is the same as the filename in the opening script. 

So, let me ask this to anyone who can confirm it.

I'll change the filenames of my brain speech wav files to whatever the reference # is in the Kejim_post.sp file in the STRIP folder.

Then, I'll make a new Kejim_post.sp file and edit those lines to reflect my new dialogue.

Finally, I'll make a new STRIP PK3 w/ the modified Kejim_post.sp in it.

Sound about right?

Not sure how it works for JO, but my knowledge of subtitles in JA is that you simply have to reference the audio file and the text, in a file that matches the map name. Again I'm not sure if it's also valid for JO, you'll have to experiment a bit with it, but if the theory is right (and the map name is correct), you'll have to put those strings in strip/lev6.sp.