cutscenes and sound

I am at the moment playing arround with cutscenes and it's quite fun actually. I got most of it to work (not yet to complicated, but animations, sounds and walking works). I am just curious, i am using now MP3's since i couldn't get wav's to work (48000 mhz mono), did i do this okay?

In terms of space, and not let my pk3 get oversized, what is smarter, wavs and uncomrpressed (which prolly means hq sounds), or mp3 and compressed (which makes it sound more compressed)?

Also, as in terms of camera. I am curious how did they do the kyle katarn at your service thing camera wise in Yavin, having a real close up of kyle being POV? Is that just place the ref_tag of the camera inside of the npc point? I wanna do someting like that when my npc wakes up in the jail and a warden looks over me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBttq14wQe8#t=190

Oh and I opened the intro from jka, with the chat of jaden and rosh in the shuttle and later on. One thing that I wonder. They use in the scrip the -1.000 for animation times on all ... yet.. Does that mean infinite use, or just play out the frames? When I try it in game, nothing really happens.

affect ( "shuttlepilot", FLUSH )
{
	set ( "SET_WEAPON", "WP_NONE" );
	set ( "SET_ANIM_BOTH", "BOTH_CIN_35" );
	set ( "SET_ANIM_HOLDTIME_BOTH", -1.000 );
	wait ( 2000.000 );

edit... i take that back... the -1 means infinite. My guy is standing now with his hands up in the air. and I need to type it as -1 not as -1.000 cause then it didnt work

WAV is the best option in my opinion because it's lossless (uncompressed) and I care more about quality rather than file size, but if you want to cut back on file size I suppose MP3 would work. But really, if it's a short sound, just go with WAV. Those settings you had should work, as long as it's actually mono and not just joint-stereo or something weird like that.

Also, MP3 sounds can't loop, as far as I know.

I am at the moment playing arround with cutscenes and it's quite fun actually. I got most of it to work (not yet to complicated, but animations, sounds and walking works). I am just curious, i am using now MP3's since i couldn't get wav's to work (48000 mhz mono), did i do this okay?

In terms of space, and not let my pk3 get oversized, what is smarter, wavs and uncomrpressed (which prolly means hq sounds), or mp3 and compressed (which makes it sound more compressed)?

Also, as in terms of camera. I am curious how did they do the kyle katarn at your service thing camera wise in Yavin, having a real close up of kyle being POV? Is that just place the ref_tag of the camera inside of the npc point? I wanna do someting like that when my npc wakes up in the jail and a warden looks over me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bBttq14wQe8#t=190

Oh and I opened the intro from jka, with the chat of jaden and rosh in the shuttle and later on. One thing that I wonder. They use in the scrip the -1.000 for animation times on all ... yet.. Does that mean infinite use, or just play out the frames? When I try it in game, nothing really happens.

affect ( "shuttlepilot", FLUSH )
{
	set ( "SET_WEAPON", "WP_NONE" );
	set ( "SET_ANIM_BOTH", "BOTH_CIN_35" );
	set ( "SET_ANIM_HOLDTIME_BOTH", -1.000 );
	wait ( 2000.000 );

edit... i take that back... the -1 means infinite. My guy is standing now with his hands up in the air. and I need to type it as -1 not as -1.000 cause then it didnt work

Try changing the rate on those sound files to either 44100 or 22050. They should work with either of those two rates either in mono or stereo.

I wouldn't even bother worrying about pk3 size, either.