Transparent Shader Help

Here is my Brain Chamber.  http://jkhub.org/topic/2843-ice-station-wampa/page-12

The outside shell is just a cylinder with the glass shader over it. Inside this I'd like to have the brain sitting in some sort of yellowish fluid. I'm figuring the best way is to use a water shader on another cylinder inside the chamber. What would I use to make the water more or less translucent in the shader? Is there a line in the shader that does this or do I have to make a shader with a certain transparency to it?

I am thinking about either a alphagen constant parameter, or a png. Or a combination of both.
        alphaGen const 0.2

Try experimenting with different blendfunctions and values. ;)
You could create something like white lines in the fluid, simulating water refraction, and use a PNG for that.
To make the fluid yellow, you don't even need a new water texture. You can adjust the RBG values so it's purely yellow.

I am thinking about either a alphagen constant parameter, or a png. Or a combination of both.

alphaGen const 0.2

Try experimenting with different blendfunctions and values. ;)

You could create something like white lines in the fluid, simulating water refraction, and use a PNG for that.

To make the fluid yellow, you don't even need a new water texture. You can adjust the RBG values so it's purely yellow.

Well, JK2 so I'll have to use the alphaGen 0.2 parameter. i'll post up here what I've come up with.

Here is my Brain Chamber.  http://jkhub.org/topic/2843-ice-station-wampa/page-12

The outside shell is just a cylinder with the glass shader over it. Inside this I'd like to have the brain sitting in some sort of yellowish fluid. I'm figuring the best way is to use a water shader on another cylinder inside the chamber. What would I use to make the water more or less translucent in the shader? Is there a line in the shader that does this or do I have to make a shader with a certain transparency to it?

surfaceparm trans with a png image with a lot of transparency on the level of the image. use a raster level with alpha channel. O.o

^^