Problem with Model shaders

Psyk0 would probably have a better idea at this one.

Ported a model from another game and the shaders for alpha are not working aka little rips in clothing and hair etc are not vanishing properly in game.  Now the alpha shows up fine in modview but in game, having tried a multiple amount of different shaders on the model itself, they just wouldn't work what so ever if at all on the model.  I've also tried different file formats on the textures.  .tga and also .png and still no success what so ever.  Most I've achieved in game is having the textures in the spots that need alpha go from white to black.

Any input would help.  I know how to do textures/shaders on player models simply enough so if someone has any input or help on this, I'd appreciate it.  I was thinking it might have to do with some kind of setup in 3ds max or maybe the mesh itself but for now I still have no clue as to how to fix this issue.  Also before I forget when the model compiles it comes up with absolutely no issues in the log.

I've just had an issue with double sided alpha see this thread:

http://jkhub.org/topic/4931-double-sided-cull-disable-transparency-shader-possible/

Make sure the alpha is setup correctly in photoshop (when using a .png you'll see the blank background where the mask has been applied so you'll know it's correct). Yours should work easily with this one:

models/players/MrFancyPants/cloth_a
{
    {
        map models/players/MrFancyPants/cloth_a
        blendFunc GL_SRC_ALPHA GL_ONE_MINUS_SRC_ALPHA
        rgbGen lightingDiffuse

}
}

I've tried .tga and .png for blank background, when a shader is applied it comes up with black and sometimes I've had it come up with those parts showing up in white.

Your shader worked but the models going inside out with the texture faces.  Either way it's working now.  Thanks lol