light emitting shader help

I messed up in one instance with my neat-o beer pallet func_train conveyor system. This game doesn't calculate light on the fly. So, when several of my crates are placed at different path corners, with different light entities for various light conditions and types and structure design, i have pallets that are black, 1/2 lit, some with red light, some with white.

If I turn my beer case textures into light emitting shaders, the light they emit should be calculated at compile time? and, the surface of the shader, the texture image, should be a consistant light value, right? 

Any light information you provide in the .shader files are always calculated at compile-time, and don't do anything while the game is running. You would need to attach an efx which has a light if you wanted the beer case to be emitting light while it's moving. It won't look great, but it's the best that JKA can do.

If you don't wanna use light emitting shaders, you'd probably have to initiate the position of the pallets to somewhere with even/optimal lighting and let them compile there, then set their position where they belong once the map is run. It might be a bit of a hassle though, depending on your setup.

If you don't wanna use light emitting shaders, you'd probably have to initiate the position of the pallets to somewhere with even/optimal lighting and let them compile there, then set their position where they belong once the map is run. It might be a bit of a hassle though, depending on your setup. 

I think I'll find a shader in game that emits light, plaster it one a pallet, and see what it does. I'm trying to avoid making more construction at this point. 

This didn't work out too well with the shader. So, I'm adding in more path_corners in-line  at random intervals and will just make a teeny box around the pallet and light it there.  Then, I'll add in more light entities along the conveyor path and that'll be that. 

Solved it.

I edited one of the flat_white shaders from Kejim texture set and put its surfacelight value to 50. I added in more path_corners in the void and made a small room around each one 32 units wider than the func_train pallet of beer. I then added the shader to each of the 4 walls, leaving the floor and ceiling caulked. Turned out freaking awesome! 

Here is a shot of the lit pallet behind the chainlink fence. 

shot0229_zps902b9e38.jpg

Boothand likes this