Server Issues With Mac OSX

Hey,

I use to play this game back in the day for pc. However, now I have a 2013 macbook pro running OSX 10.9.5. I recently downloaded the game from the Macgame store. However, When I try to play multiplayer i keep getting errors. Servers won't let me in for some reason. i remember when I played this for Pc i had to download the v1.01 patch and JAplus. however, i don't know how to do that or where to put it with this mac version. Can someone please direct me to the right files i need to be able to play? Also, where to put them? Furthermore, do many people still play this game?

Thanks

To join servers, you'll have to use this launcher:

Point it to the app in the Applications folder.

For the base folder to install mods, you'll have to navigate to Users/you/Library/Containers/com.aspyr.jediacademy.appstore/Data/Library/Application Support/Jedi Academy/base

Just make an alias (shortcut) to it.

chaseme2200 likes this

Thanks! I just downloaded the driver however, I'm still having issues. When you said have it point to the App in the Applications folder i have it pointing to /Applications/MacGameStore/Games/SW Jedi Academy/SWJKJA.app. Should i have it point to the Jedi Academy MP? If so how do I do that? Also, I'm having trouble finding the base folder you have up here. i navigate to Users/me/Library. However, I don't see" /Containers/com.aspyr.jediacademy.appstore/Data/Library/Application support/ jedi Academy/base. Furthermore, when I launch the launcher it shows the game in a very small window for some reason

Also, When I try to join a server, sometimes it says something like "This server doesn't allow downloads. missing file Japlus/etc." 

This is because Aspyr is crappy, and decided not to allow mac builds to play nicely with servers which run custom PK3s in later versions of the mac release.

You could try the OpenJK mac client instead. See: http://jkhub.org/tutorials/article/178-installing-openjk-on-os-x/

chaseme2200 likes this