OpenRP FEEDBACK

Hi there guys,

I'm currently testing ORP in a Linux host. IP : 92.222.15.241:21000 ( I can't post on RP discuss and feedback so I post here, move it if you want )

my people are testing it, and I will report server-side and client-side feedback from them and the server.

/shop cmd says unknown cmd

emlist and info missing

/setstun stuns with everything, grip, melee, every weapon.

- If you choose to be force-sensitive, you can choose whatever forcepowers from the menu instead of getting them into your character.

- Non force-sensitive players hold lightsabers and CAN use forcepowers.

-(FIXED) how do we set admins? A db editor or something, or is there any server-side cmd?

+We will still provide suggestions and feedback as long as I receive them.

Last update 21:11 26/08/14

Segmentation fault :

Item: 3 ammo_metallic_bolts
ClientUserinfoChanged: 1 <no change>
Kill: 0 3 38: [A�S]HCouncil'NeTe killed [A��]Geralt'A by MOD_FALLING
tell: [A��]Geralt'A to [A�S]HCouncil'NeTe: [A�S]HCouncil'NeTe, you killed me
ClientUserinfoChanged: 5 n\[A�S]Wismo�N\t\0\model\jedi_spanki/head_f4|torso_c2|lower_f1\ds\m\st\Kyle\st2\none\c1\5\c2\4\hc\100\
ClientUserinfoChanged: 5 n\[A�S]Wismo�N\t\3\model\jedi_spanki/head_f4|torso_c2|lower_f1\ds\m\st\Kyle\st2\none\c1\5\c2\4\hc\100\
ClientBegin: 5
Segmentation fault

Linux build fix : (If you happen to have this problem while running the server : http://pastebin.com/uj42UpWV)

Goto: codemp/game

Open CMakelists.txt

Goto where it says :

if(WIN32)
set(MPGameLibraries "winmm")
endif(WIN32)

Add afterwards

if(UNIX)
set(MPGameLibraries "pthread")
endif(UNIX)

Clientside : OPEN RP UI

Seems like when you fail to login it crashes sometimes(I might be the only one tho)

Suggestions : - Server paycheck proffesions, like Imperials (They get paid after sometime)

- Something a faction gets rewarded for

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂

Hi,

This belongs in the OpenRP forum. Are you able to post there?

I don't have permissions to open a thread.

( I can't post on RP discuss and feedback so I post here, move it if you want )

I am hosting Jedi Outcast and Jedi Academy servers for free up to 8 servers. Contact me if you are in need of a server for your community. 🙂

Thanks for the feedback. Also I've fixed posting in the OpenRP discussion section and moved this topic there.

Regarding your feedback:

The shop was actually replaced with the /amGiveGun command. (Although, there's a bug in 0.0.1 that prevents one from using the command. This will be fixed in the upcoming 0.0.2 bugfix release).

As for the info/list cmds missing, thanks for reminding me about this. I'll try to add them in the next release.

I'll take a look at the setstun issue.

With the non-FS users being able to use force powers and have a saber, this is something that I have yet to prevent, although it is planned for a future release (perhaps at the same time I implement the feature where admins give characters force points that are then bound to that character).

The OpenRP UI crash-related bug is something I'm aware of and will investigate.

Thanks for the Linux fix. I'll be sure to implement it.

Also, with factions, I do hope to expand the features related to them.

Thanks for the feedback.  :)

Forgot to add to the linux fix, dedo cmake, then $ make -j4 -lpthread

Tomorrow I will answer and give a lot more feedback

Hello! I'm glad to hear you've finaly released your awsome mod! :)

If you have problems with linux build i suggest you to use this in makefile:

# "make"
$(TARGET): $(OFILES)
    $(CC) -shared -o $(TARGET) $(OFILES) -lm -lpthread -ldl

It works with "my version of openRP based on OJP". So if you have any problems with linux build - i can probably help you :)

As for ''giving yourself admin'' etc - you can also use SQLite Database Browser for altering database, save it and then upload it to server (no server restart needed! :P)

Suggestions(or rather wishing list) so far?

-hologram function (i'm pretty sure it's broken right now)

-improvement to distance based chat. instead of "not visible" long distance chatting - maybe make them just blurry? I know - it's a long shot.

-jk3 to mysql database bridge. (for example - you register in your website instead ''just ingame'', export stats (like playing time, kills, frags, ammount of credits?) to website etc.

More feedback :

/amgivegun isn't working. I tried amgivegun player 2 , amgivegun player e11, amgivegun player e-11, blaster... and nothing.

- I think it'd be cool if people could get enough money to buy things instead of having admins to give them money.

Unused cmds : amalarm, amgiveskillpoints, amtimer, checkinventory,  aminfo, hologram(Dunno what is this supossed to do, perhaps create a jk2 morgan image), /info

Account commands seem to work fine

Admin cmds :

amannounce, amaudio, amban, amcheckstats (this one works fine, it displays the powers you have configured but you didn't even earn them),

amcreatefaction works fine, only problem is that it makes you leader automatically and you have to logout to create other factions (Dunno who's the leader when you leave it and can't give leadership to other player)I guess our current workaround at the moment is giving some users an admin account with only that cmd),

amdisguise http://puu.sh/b9dOW/5330073423.jpg doesn't work

warnings aren't remembered
amshakescreen works,  amsilence works, amsetfaction works,
amtoblack works, but it's not smooth
amwarn warns but when you log out you loose it.( in this case, it'd be better to remove aftersome time or through admin)
 amweather works, but can't notice the effect of amweatherplus

setstun is showed in public chat

Suggestions :
Restrict setstun to certain factions, such as policemen(Would be like the Republic and bounty hunters )

Bounty should be restricted to some factions only, else it could cause a big deathmatch in the server.
Lightsabers shouldn't be get directly IMO, through a quest, or something.
OOC channel needs to be limited so it's not spammed with other things
Limit jumps : People can just jump as much as they want (Bunny hopping). bunny hopping is prohibited in RP servers like SA:MP RP servers. The reason is that people manage to get to wherever they want 5 times faster or even escape walking policemen.

Each faction with a leader (If we can choose (admins) who the faction leaders will be that's okay. Else we would use the workaround I mentioned before.

/do /try chat

A very simple example : We tried to hack the lock of a door, we type /try hack the lock.

*Jedi tried to hack the lock but failed
> Then we type that again (Max 3 tries)
*Jedi tried to hack the lock but failed
*Jedi succeeded hacking the lock

/do requires the participation of another playing

Example :

Jedi suddenly sabers the mercenary's hand, does it hurt him?
> Then the other player would answer us
Mercenary is rather hurt but tries to stand-still

> Then we continue roleplaying

Another bug :

1:59:22 - [Console] - faction 4
1:59:22 - You are already in a faction and must leave it using /factionLeave before joining a new one.
1:59:26 - [Console] - factionLeave
1:59:26 - You aren't in a faction.
1:59:29 - [Console] - faction 3
1:59:29 - You are already in a faction and must leave it using /factionLeave before joining a new one.

I'm working on a bit-val calc, which I will release tomorrow probably.

Also I'll try to modify the menu to make it better / add more functions.

Thanks for all the feedback, everyone!

Here are my thoughts:

@@Kannos'v Lightdust

Hologram is currently incomplete and needs more work done.

Blurred distance chat or something similar is something I'd like and thus will look into.

While a database bridge would be nice, unfortunately I don't have the knowledge to make one.

@@ineedblood

amGiveGun is fixed in the upcoming patch.

I will consider ways that people can earn their own money.

I will look into potential ways to make others faction leader and have multiple leaders.

Disguise will display those who are disguised if you have the ADMIN_ADMINWHOIS bitvalue, which I think in that case you do. Otherwise, it should not display disguised admins.

I'll take a look at warnings.

I agree that toblack needs to be improved.

Perhaps weatherplus recently broke? It's supposed to allow for stacked weather effects, like a sandstorm and rain at the same time, for example.

setstun's display messaged is fixed, and it no longer affects all means of death in the upcoming patch.

I'll talk over allowing for the restriction of setstun with others.

Bounty shouldn't cause DM, as I made it so one has to RP doing a bounty - as if it's an alive bounty, one has to prove to an admin that they captured that person through RP for example, or that they perma-killed a person through RP. Admins have to remove the bounty listing themselves and then give the credits to the bounty hunter. I feel that this way, it promotes RP and doesn't allow for DM.

I plan to make it so force points have to be given to someone by an admin, so that shouldn't be an issue in the future, as then people won't be able get saber offensive unless allowed by an admin.

What do you mean by OOC should be limited?

I'll take a look at jumping.

/try and /do sound interesting. I'll discuss it with others.

I'll take a look at that faction leave bug.

Thanks for the help with the calculator and menu.

What do you mean by OOC should be limited?

I'll take a look at jumping.

/try and /do sound interesting. I'll discuss it with others.

I'll take a look at that faction leave bug.

Thanks for the help with the calculator and menu.

OOC chat shouldn't  be spammed(Some people use it as a normal chat and other players get "disturbed" by that. Like a 10 s between each message filter or something, though it can be solved through silence or disabling the channel through admin.

It might take me sometime to figure out how UI works in OJK, but I will try to understand the ORP UI

I took a few mins to take a look at the em list, if you want you can use this code :

void Cmd_eminfo_F(gentity_t *ent)
{
	if (ent->client->sess.loggedIn)
	{
		// emote list
		trap->SendServerCommand(ent - g_entities, "print \"^3EMOTE list :\n\"");
		trap->SendServerCommand(ent - g_entities, "print \"^5emaim, ematease, emfloating, embutton, emcommtype, emchoke, emdie, emdie2\n\"");
		trap->SendServerCommand(ent - g_entities, "print \"^5emdie3, emdie4, emhello, emhips, eminjuredhand, emintimidate, emknees\n\"");
		trap->SendServerCommand(ent - g_entities, "print \"^5emmindcrush, empoint, empush, emsit, emsit2, emsit3, emsit4,  emsit5\n\"");
		trap->SendServerCommand(ent - g_entities, "print \"^5emsit6, emsit7, emsorrow, emstand, emthrow, emtwitch, emtyping, emtyping\n\"");
		trap->SendServerCommand(ent - g_entities, "print \"^5emwait, emhold, emspreadout, emmove, emclear\n\"");
				return;
	}

}

OOC chat shouldn't  be spammed(Some people use it as a normal chat and other players get "disturbed" by that. Like a 10 s between each message filter or something, though it can be solved through silence or disabling the channel through admin.

It might take me sometime to figure out how UI works in OJK, but I will try to understand the ORP UI

I took a few mins to take a look at the em list, if you want you can use this code :

void Cmd_eminfo_F(gentity_t *ent)
{
	if (ent->client->sess.loggedIn)
	{
		// emote list
		trap->SendServerCommand(ent - g_entities, "print \"^3EMOTE list :\n\"");
		trap->SendServerCommand(ent - g_entities, "print \"^5emaim, ematease, emfloating, embutton, emcommtype, emchoke, emdie, emdie2\n\"");
		trap->SendServerCommand(ent - g_entities, "print \"^5emdie3, emdie4, emhello, emhips, eminjuredhand, emintimidate, emknees\n\"");
		trap->SendServerCommand(ent - g_entities, "print \"^5emmindcrush, empoint, empush, emsit, emsit2, emsit3, emsit4,  emsit5\n\"");
		trap->SendServerCommand(ent - g_entities, "print \"^5emsit6, emsit7, emsorrow, emstand, emthrow, emtwitch, emtyping, emtyping\n\"");
		trap->SendServerCommand(ent - g_entities, "print \"^5emwait, emhold, emspreadout, emmove, emclear\n\"");
				return;
	}

}

Thanks for the code. Also, I'll consider that 10 second between each message feature. I'd probably make it so it can be enabled/disabled in the server.cfg or something.