Noesis - Trouble with textures

You know, Noesis is actually a great tool, especially if I want to take a closer look at the models.

It's not perfect, but it's still a great alternative to ModView.

But after I export a model and want to open it in Sketchup or Blender, the textures are either missing (Blender) or

totally messed up (Sketchup).

So, my question is: Is there a way to solve that issue? Do I need a specific path or format to view the models properly?

Not sure if that's the issue, but try flipping the texture at export for the sketchup issue (there's should be an option to do that in noesis). If textures are missing in blender it could be the UV's are not imported properly, some plugins have an option to tick for them to import or not.

• 4 weeks later...

It could depend on a lot of things, especially which format you're using to go between. Is it FBX? With any format, there are some things to be aware of:

1) Noesis will load a texture even if it doesn't have an extension, by checking for that texture in all of its supported texture formats. (of which there are many) Not all modelers will be able to do the same, they often need an explicit extension on the texture path.

2) Noesis will also load a texture by the material name, if the actual texture path doesn't exist. This isn't standard behavior for any modeler I'm aware of, but Noesis does it to handle formats where "material name" basically means "texture name".

So there are a number of situations where Noesis will know how to match the mesh to the material/texture and most other software won't. Best way to figure out what's going on there is to actually drill down into the mesh/material in your modeler. If you can tell me exactly why it's not finding the texture(s), I can tell you if Noesis has an export option to help you address the problem automatically. It usually does, when it comes to this stuff.

And if by the textures being "messed up" you mean they're flipped, then yeah, like Psyk0Sith mentioned there, you probably have to flip the UV's on export. y-up/y-down standards are a mess across some formats, like obj.