Hello from the Bruce

I just thought Id say hello

I was quite excited once I found that this project was in operation. I had originally thought that any possibility of an open source fork of the jedi academy engine was squashed by the issue of proprietary code, and the quick removal of the code after the dust had settled on the disney aquisition of lucasarts. (at least thats how I understood the series of events involving the release of the source) This project seems to be a well kept secret unless you know exactly what you're looking for...

I happen to know C++, so I was wondering if I might be able to volunteer with the open jk project on Github. I feel that I have a decent grasp of C++, and I think I can handle the C parts as well, but Ive never worked in a project of this size, so Im not sure if maybe I should work on maintaining a small section of the code or not? I have some basic experience in using SFML for graphics & hardware interfacing, but Ive never worked with any sort of 3d graphics engines. Im curious as to whether the engine can be run completely independently of the game discs, or are some files impossible to work without? I've always thought that it would be interesting to make a Battlefront clone under the jk/ja game engine, it always seemed much better than the one that was actually used for Battlefront 2 to me.

Im also looking to get a copy of the linux version running on my Kubuntu install, but I think Im going to need a list of the dependencies needed to run the program, when I tried to run the sp version of the latest 64 bit build, I got

./openjk_sp.x86_64: error while loading shared libraries: libSDL2-2.0.so.0: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory

which Im pretty sure is just missing libraries

My github repos can be found here:

https://github.com/BruceJohnJennerLawso

Thanks for any help in advance :)