OpenJK has stopped working

Jango40

Do you honestly expect an answer with the amount of information you provided?

Well, there's no other info I can provide. It's what happens. Tried clean install. As I said many times before, Windows 8 64-bit.

You haven't provided ANY information.

Chances are for SP at least, you didn't install it correctly as such the newer jagamex86.dll must be in base (Copied from OpenJK mod folder if it isn't already) or load with +set fs_game OpenJK

Omicron likes this

A version that contains debugging symbols useful for detecting why crashes happen etc, but contains no optimizations and file sizes are much larger.

You should probably head over to the IRC channel and ask for some assistance getting a "debug" version.  I'm not going to be available for most of the rest of the day.

try doing /logfile 1 in SP before loading the map, then look at the qconsole.log it creates.

Did that, the file came out completely empty.

Also, I downloaded Process Hacker and found out something:AuCDgdv.png

Apparently the processes are trying to quit, but unable to do so. Wth is happening?

Try /logfile 2 instead. This should write to the log file as each message gets generated, instead of when the program quits (which never happens, as you end up crashing out instead). The fact that you can't kill the program either is kind of strange! Can you try opening Process Hacker as an administrator and then kill it?

]devmap t2_rancor

------ Server Initialization ------
JA: v1.0.1.0 win-x86 Oct 24 2003
Server: t2_rancor
Loading shader text .....
..... 3391 shader definitions loaded
------- Game Initialization -------
gamename: OpenJK
gamedate: Jun  3 2014
-----------------------------------
-----------------------------------
^1Failed find animation file name models/players/human_merc
^1Failed find animation file name models/players/human_merc
^1Failed find animation file name models/players/jedi_kdm
^1Failed find animation file name models/players/gran
^1Failed find animation file name models/players/jedi_kdm
^1Failed find animation file name models/players/rancor
^3WARNING: Misplaced { Line #4437763 of File ''
Unable to load hud menu file:ui/hud.menu. Using default ui/testhud.menu.
^3WARNING: Misplaced { Line #4437763 of File ''
Unable to load default ui/testhud.menu.

Oh, and running it as an administrator didn't help me kill it. 

Great, my computer is screwed up now. Every time I tried to start this, a new invincible process started. Now there's 8 of them, and they don't terminate when I shut the computer down and unplug it from all power sources. Fuck.

JA: v1.0.1.0 win-x86 Oct 24 2003

It looks like you're running jasp.exe with the OpenJK SP mod? How long ago did you download OpenJK?

If you can't restart your computer using the normal means, you should use the reset button on your PC case.

Jango40 likes this

Oh, well there you go lol. I don't know what happened with the OpenJK processes, I've never seen that happen before.

I don't think restarting your computer does anything much different from shutting down, unless you physically push the reset button on your case :P

Jango40 and Caelum like this