Vehicle Spawns for MP?

I'm in the process of creating a large open Bespin themed map, reminiscent of BattleFronts "Bespin Platforms" map. I have a spawn on either end for a vehicle, one TIE one X-Wing.
Now using the Vehicle spawn, I set model as X-Wing or TIE depending on spawn. Yet in map it shows up as the screwed up looking Swoop.

Is there a special way to set up vehicle spawns?

I've been scrounging through the tutorials here, and on the mapping database etc. Can't find ANY mention of properly setting up vehicle spawns.

Omicron likes this

Check out some of my previous works:
JK Hub - [Editor: Zero Raven]

/*QUAKED NPC_Vehicle (1 0 0) (-16 -16 -24) (16 16 32) NO_PILOT_DIE SUSPENDED x x DROPTOFLOOR CINEMATIC NOTSOLID STARTINSOLID SHY
NO_PILOT_DIE - die after certain amount of time of not having a pilot
SUSPENDED - Fighters: Don't drop until someone gets in it (this only works as long as no-nw has *ever* ridden the vehicle, to simulate ships that are suspended-docked) - note: ships inside trigger_spaces do not drop when unoccupied
CINEMATIC - Will spawn with no default AI (BS_CINEMATIC)
NOTSOLID - Starts not solid
STARTINSOLID - Don't try to fix if spawn in solid
SHY - Spawner is shy

set NPC_type to vehicle name in vehicles.dat

"dropTime" use with SUSPENDED - if set, the vehicle will drop straight down for this number of seconds before flying forward
"dmg" use with NO_PILOT_DIE - delay in milliseconds for ship to explode if no pilot (default 10000)
"speed" use with NO_PILOT_DIE - distance for pilot to get away from ship after dismounting before it starts counting down the death timer
"model2" - if the vehicle can have a droid (has "*droidunit" tag), this NPC will be spawned and placed there - note: game will automatically use the one specified in the .veh file (if any) or, absent that, it will use an R2D2 or R5D2 NPC)

showhealth - set to 1 to show health bar on this entity when crosshair is over it

teamowner - crosshair shows green for this team, red for opposite team
0 - none
1 - red
2 - blue

teamuser - only this team can use this NPC
0 - none
1 - red
2 - blue

teamnodmg - team that NPC does not take damage from (turrets and other auto-defenses that have "alliedTeam" set to this team won't target this NPC)
0 - none
1 - red
2 - blue
*/
Just read the description in Radiant? You set npc_type to the name as defined in the ext_data/vehicles/*.veh files.

Bespin Platforms is one of my fav levels in that game :winkthumb:

Would be kinda interesting if somebody re-made some of them maps but for this game :D

While I certainly agree with you, I dont want to do bit for bit recreations personally.

I like game play elements from maps, not necesarilly whole maps.

Like in the Rhen Var map where you can spawn an AT-TE or AT-AT, my favorite part of that map is the ice cave choke point. but I didnt like the one courtyard in that map. But then again I love choke points (normally why I put them in the center of the map). Something about forcing people to have an intense shoot out before moving to other easier to conquer, easy to defend areas. Lol.

Check out some of my previous works:
JK Hub - [Editor: Zero Raven]

While I certainly agree with you, I dont want to do bit for bit recreations personally.

I like game play elements from maps, not necesarilly whole maps.

Like in the Rhen Var map where you can spawn an AT-TE or AT-AT, my favorite part of that map is the ice cave choke point. but I didnt like the one courtyard in that map. But then again I love choke points (normally why I put them in the center of the map). Something about forcing people to have an intense shoot out before moving to other easier to conquer, easy to defend areas. Lol.

Well David Carradine loved them too and now he's dead because of it.