Application Fails to Launch

I've already asked ent about this problem, so maybe someone else has an idea or solution...

Every time I run jaMME, I get this error message:

dslDXEY.jpg

When I click "view problem details", I get this: 

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BEX
Application Name: jamme.x86.exe
Application Version: 1.2.0.0
Application Timestamp: 52c8c6dc
Fault Module Name: OpenAL32.dll
Fault Module Version: 0.9.9.5
Fault Module Timestamp: 3f03686c
Exception Offset: 000f2001
Exception Code: c0000005
Exception Data: 00000008
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.1
Locale ID: 1033
Additional Information 1: 4c0d
Additional Information 2: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433
Additional Information 3: 4c0d
Additional Information 4: 4c0d4d78887f76d971d5d00f1f20a433

When I click "Close the program", I get this: 
hehLdix.jpg

Ent suggested I tried running in multiple compatibilities, as I did a google search and it seems like that this error is associated with Windows updates... no luck on that end. Does anyone have any idea or fix for this? 

I downloaded it from JKhub, unzipped into Game Data. Ran the launcher, and it'd throw me errors. I have the latest version to my knowledge, I redownloaded it last week. 

I'd run it as administrator and it'd tell me Windows couldn't find jaMME.x86, then that was the end of that. 

By launcher do you mean launch_jaMME.cmd file?

And as you said before, it happened after installing the Windows update, right? If so, then you could try to restore your system using backup feature to a day before the update. You won't lose regular files, only lose some progs and settings that were installed after that backup day.

Also, try this new unofficial version: http://www.speedyshare.com/5RbD8/download/jaMME-1.3-unofficial.zip

Yes, the .cmd file. I''ll try a system restore later tonight, I'll have to make backups of a few applications. 

I tried the unofficial version and got the same results. I guess it's going to just boil down to the system restore. 

Thanks for everyones' help by the way, I appreciate it!

I bet the game still tries to load the dlls but they are not used at all and my copy works perfectly w/o them.

@Key, I doubt if it helps but you can try to delete OpenAL32.dll and EaxMan.dll from you GameData, or if they are missing then try put them in there from your original CD. O_o

• 2 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...