Droideka shield shader

Sorry, i am very busy in that days an for all April month. However...

It's not a shader issue, if yu have the two textures of shield and droidekashield1 on the path of .SHADER file, your file is correct.

You want the droideka Enemyes that cloak like the Saboteur? Well, yu have two possibility.

1: Edit the Code about the cloacking sysmet, very hard thing to do, yu need cmake, visual cstudio, and download the Code of Openjk and good knowloegde of C++ and build the exe and dll of the game. I am not a coder, so i cannot help yu in that. :S

2: Edit the NPC file of droideka.

make 2 droikekas NPC

One, yu set like an assassin droid, and so fight shooting, and with electrocuting shield device. DEMP2 weapon can take down the enemy easily.

the droideka2 NPC instead... need some changed:

- On the models/players/droideka etc, yu need to make another skin file, copy model_default.SKIN as model_cloaked.SKIN

open and set in *off the mesh of the shield.

example: torso_shield,models/players/droideka/shield into -> torso_shield,*off.

in that way, the spheric shield is invisible on the NPC.

Step two: open the droideka NPC file and copy the droideka parameters. make another Droideka string.

so yu need to make:

Droideka2 as NPC

parameters:

- Playermodel Droideka

- CustomSkin- cloaked

.other keys\ values : same of the original.

- on the class parm, set as CLASS not CLASS_ASSASSIN_DROID, but CLASS_SABOTEUR. and so the droidke act like a sabouter. coloack himself and decloack when shoot.

Note 1: Yu need to set more health for the saboteur version of droideka, because your droid is more weak to saber damage.

Note 2: saboteur class is resistance to DEMP2 weapon,. yu can take down the cloaking device for a lot of second, but it's not a good weapon for kill.

Note 3: The droid use SABOTEUR AI, be careful with sound datas. :)

I have not another idea for help you. The alternative is to hack the code. :S

kk I know I have to edit the code ent. Asgarath I want it to be a playable vehicle. Anyway don't bother with this cloak thing anymore ; ) I just need help in writing a shader of the shield. The examples you sent me Asgarath83 were nice but hardly fit the picture I posted on the beginning of this thread.  I'm a beginner in writing shaders and I hardly understand these parameters. So how do you think I can make these purple waves? Or maybe someone have a proper texture? 

Try to make my Metal shield parameters, with the shader parameter of dark shield for the textures. an half way between the two. somethinfg like purple dark electric shiled should be the result. You need the correct texture. maybe some lightning of force lightning sprite with purple colour, yu can edit colour of texture with photoshop or paint sho pro. :)