Suggestions for cvars?

eezstreet

Don't know if I put this the right place, but it could be interesting with a hardcore mode/cvar that makes you die from 1 or 2 blaster shots. That kind of thing. Or a hardcore mode that disables saving your game beyond checkpoints.

Those sound like two different cvars to me: g_nocheckpoints and g_damtaken, which I could easily make.

Boothand likes this

I think he wanted to say about some kind of New Vegas's Hardcore Mode - once you've turned it on, several cvars like g_nocheckpoints and g_damtaken has been turned to their "hardcore" values.

Such gameplay mode will be nice, btw.

Yeah, what I had in mind when I wrote it was being unable to save your game manually, when playing in hardcore mode. So you could either only be allowed to load checkpoints (so it would rather be g_nosavegame or something), or you'd have to start at the beginning of the map (values 0-2?)

Funny story: when I first played both JK2 and JKA, I didn't even know about the Quick Save feature. I went through them both a couple times with only checkpoints. It sucked. Once I figured out how to quick save, I felt really stupid, but also felt accomplished. :P

Boothand and therfiles like this

I think he wanted to say about some kind of New Vegas's Hardcore Mode - once you've turned it on, several cvars like g_nocheckpoints and g_damtaken has been turned to their "hardcore" values.Such gameplay mode will be nice, btw.

You could make a Custom Game with values set at "hardcore" values. My point is to expose all of this to people making Custom Games so that these options can be used elsewhere.

A nice feature could be having a difficulty rating, in percentage, in the menu before the game starts, based on what options you enable. Got the idea from Mount & Blade. Example here.

That's not entirely possible unfortunately due to all the processes involved. It checks against one cvar - g_spskill in like a million places.

Guest Redemption

Wow... Brilliant, just brilliant  :)

I don't know if this is appropriate, but I would like to have the option of "g_corpseremovaltime" enabled. It would add realism and overrall immersion. Also, a cvar or something to disable saberthrow. I am eager to explore the code when I have a clue, of what to do with the source code.

I like how you said about having the JKA skeleton with added JKO anims. I prefer outcasts animations; especially the wall run, its much smoother. I don't know if that is what you meant but I AM very interested with you're efforts.  :winkthumb:

eezstreet likes this
Guest Redemption

Yeah, I remember somethings to do with saber throw, I thought that their were ways around them( I can only remember during the Yavin trial where you had to cut weights to proceed to the next area).

What about disabling it for npc's?

Regardless of my gripes, fair play to you  :winkthumb: I'll be watching this thread closely.

Yeah, I remember somethings to do with saber throw, I thought that their were ways around them( I can only remember during the Yavin trial where you had to cut weights to proceed to the next area).

What about disabling it for npc's?

Regardless of my gripes, fair play to you  :winkthumb: I'll be watching this thread closely.

I could disable it for NPCs via a cvar, yeah.