Waterfall Issue

Go to solution Solved by MoonDog,

In the image below is a sesspool area that has a pipe with slime flowing out of it. Where the arrow is coming in from the left is the top of the water line. When viewed through the control room window, where the image was taken, you can see the waterfall effect go through the slime pool. However, when this effect is NOT viewed through the control room glass windows it stops on top of the slime pool. So, it acts and looks like a normal waterfall.

I can put brushes to hide it under the catwalk,but, does anyone have any idea as to why this happens. Is it from the caulk on the window brushes? The glass shader itself?

shot0058.jpg

Just a random guess: Try turning the window into a detail brush, this may be related to vis optimizations.

The windows are already detail brushes. I know you are only supposed to texture one side of the brush for glass. Should I try texturing the glass on both sides?

• Solution

The windows are already detail brushes. I know you are only supposed to texture one side of the brush for glass. Should I try texturing the glass on both sides?

You can texture both sides just fine. Like anything else, non visible faces should be caulked or nodraw. Try it, will probably fix it.