JA New Fonts

The best way to go about it would be to use JAFont, as @@eezstreet suggested. There are directions of usage in the file's description. All you've gotta do is find a font you like, download it, and convert it. I believe "anewhope" is the menu font, so replace that in the Fonts folder. Fonts are just an image that the game subdivides (I think). So JAFont can easily pop a new font out for you in a jiffy.

The best way to go about it would be to use JAFont, as @@eezstreet suggested. There are directions of usage in the file's description. All you've gotta do is find a font you like, download it, and convert it. I believe "anewhope" is the menu font, so replace that in the Fonts folder. Fonts are just an image that the game subdivides (I think). So JAFont can easily pop a new font out for you in a jiffy.

Not quite. It's a .png and a .fontdat, and the .fontdat contains information about how the game subdivides the image used for the font.

therfiles likes this

Wow. If I had known about that tool a few months ago. I did it the hard way and replaced every letter in photoshop in the base png. 

Searching "font" doesn't bring that up because it doesn't have the singular word font anywhere. I just updated that so it should show up now. That would have been nice. :P

therfiles likes this

I already tried that using free fonts it didn't work. I also used renegade's font .pk3 file for comparison. The main reason I stopped using Renegade's font was when I connected to jka servers i couldn't read anything. The regular font from jka and the other font were blurred together in an unreadable mess. I will try the font tool again.

therfiles likes this

I already tried that using free fonts it didn't work. I also used renegade's font .pk3 file for comparison. The main reason I stopped using Renegade's font was when I connected to jka servers i couldn't read anything. The regular font from jka and the other font were blurred together in an unreadable mess. I will try the font tool again.

It's due to joining a ja+ server before loading it in the menu, so fonts and animations can get messed up. Putting the font mod in your japlus folder as well should fix it.

That's where I put it in the japlus folder. It usually works but there are times when i have a lot in my japlus and base folder and its fine when i start my own LAN server or browse the menu but when I connect its all messed up.