Npc Routing Problem

When I followed Rich Diesal's tutorial on NPC routing I'm running into an issue getting the NPC to follow the waypoints to the combat point.  I made an L shaped path for the NPC to run along but when it does move it runs straight to the combat point. The way the tutorial reads it seems the NPC should follow the path to the combat_point. 

I have the NPC linked to the first waypoint. Then, waypoint to waypoint are linked. Finally, the combat_point is linked.

Do you mean like "investigate" or "flee" types of point_combat? I'm mapping for Jedi Outcast so are there different ones from Jedi Academy?

Basically, I'm trying to interpret this from the tutorial

To set up this system, add a point_combat entity where you want the enemy to stand when he's done fighting.  Then make a series of waypoints for the NPC to follow to get to its point combat.  Then target the NPC at its closest waypoint.  Target that waypointat the next closest waypoint, and so on, down the line, until you get to the point_combat.

According to this, I am TO target the NPC the first waypoint, then the second, and so on until I get to the combat point. Now, do I stop at the Point_Combat and not link it? Do I link it? Either way it doesn't work. 

Thus, when you play in the game, the Stormtroopers will just look around until they see you, at which point they will run along theirwaypoints until they reach their point_combat - at which point they will stand there until you kill them. 

And when I do this my Stormtrooper will ignore any waypoint and just run to the Point_Combat. 

All i'm using for the waypoint is the yellow waypoint entity. I assume thats the right one..

Nevermind my original post... I can't read :P what happens if you don't link the NPC to the waypoint?

Original post:

Is this for JKA or JK2? Rich's NPC tutorial might only work correctly for JK2.

If I do this then it'll just sit there and fire under I get close enough then it will run to the point_combat. If I don't put in a point_combat it'll just sit there and fire until I move far enough away or i kill it. Now, in some cases I have spawned an NPC and used a point_Combat in my map and it works for that situation, but, I do need to implement this follow waypoint method, somehow.