echo by BobaFett
echo.
m:
cd C:\Program Files\GtkRadiant-1.4
q3map2.exe -v -game ja -onlyents %1
echo.
echo Compiling finished, press any key to close this window
pause>nul

Make the above text into a .bat file. Save it in the same folder as q3map2. (Usually your gtkradiant installation.) If you don't have q3map2, acquire it or just download any version of gtkradiant and install it.

Now, get the BSP of the level you'd like to modify. If it's a stock map its going to be located in the jedi academy assets pk3's. I cant remember which, it's been a long time since I modded JKA.

Open the BSP in notepad, search for the word worldspawn. You'll see a syntax structure looking something like this:

{
"soundSet" "city_outdoor"
"angle" "225"
"classname" "worldspawn"
}

Copy everything from that opening bracket to the closing bracket of the very last entity in the list. Paste it into it's own file. Save it as mapname.ent. (Must have the same filename as the bsp)

Follow the proper entity syntax and create new info_player_starts with the origins you want and angles. 

With both the BSP and the .ent file in the same folder, drag the .ent file onto the .bat I had you create. The new entities will be repacked into the BSP.

Place this BSP in a fresh PK3 following the folder structure it had in the original PK3. Name your new PK3 something alphabetically senior to the original assets pk3. I usually just add zzzzzzzzzzzzzz's to the beginning.

And there you go.
Futuza likes this
  • 8 years later...
On 10/9/2013 at 8:28 PM, MoonDog said:
@echo off
cls
title Entity Recompiler - Wrapper made by BobaFett
echo q3map2 entity recompile wrapper
echo by BobaFett
echo.
m:
cd C:\Program Files\GtkRadiant-1.4
q3map2.exe -v -game ja -onlyents %1
echo.
echo Compiling finished, press any key to close this window
pause>nul

Make the above text into a .bat file. Save it in the same folder as q3map2. (Usually your gtkradiant installation.) If you don't have q3map2, acquire it or just download any version of gtkradiant and install it.

Now, get the BSP of the level you'd like to modify. If it's a stock map its going to be located in the jedi academy assets pk3's. I cant remember which, it's been a long time since I modded JKA.

Open the BSP in notepad, search for the word worldspawn. You'll see a syntax structure looking something like this:

{
"angle" "225"
"classname" "worldspawn"
}

Copy everything from that opening bracket to the closing bracket of the very last entity in the list. Paste it into it's own file. Save it as mapname.ent. (Must have the same filename as the bsp)

Follow the proper entity syntax and create new info_player_starts with the origins you want and angles. 

With both the BSP and the .ent file in the same folder, drag the .ent file onto the .bat I had you create. The new entities will be repacked into the BSP.

Place this BSP in a fresh PK3 following the folder structure it had in the original PK3. Name your new PK3 something alphabetically senior to the original assets pk3. I usually just add zzzzzzzzzzzzzz's to the beginning.

And there you go.

I realize how old this topic is... But hopefully someone can read this... How do you know the "origins and angles"?

DarthValeria likes this