Banning Issue

I've read similiar threads but none of them had an actual conclusion for my issue.

So we have this one client always messing around so we decided to ban him. Beside the fact that he has dynamic IP he also uses VPN's to connect to our server. My question know is is there a mod or something to ban his MAC-Adress? I think this isnt as easy as to change his IP...or is there even something better? Anything that you cant change?

The problem with that is, because i know first hand, one can merely throw in another network card which will give them a new MAC address but you wouldn't even need to do that because there is software out there that allows you to change the MAC address of any network card.

I can only sympathize with how pissed off you must be, people like this thrive on the fact that they're "unstoppable" and the more you try to stop them the more it fuels their stupid belief and excitement.

I've had my MAC address banned before but, as i said, it's easy to get around so it's pointless to ban that.

Hmm so basically there is nothing we can do about this...

I've read that range-bans arent a good solution either, because this will block normal clients too and since JKA community is dyin that wouldn't be smart.

So beside the MAC-Adress there is nothing whith what I could identify a specific client or better, ban him?

Well to be honest i'm sure as hell no expert, I mainly build computers and do networking now and then, but i'm pretty sure that there are people here that know a lot about it, especially the staff since they've probably had to deal with this sort of thing before.

It's still pretty but i'm sure the forum will be more active within the next 2 hours or so, it's still pretty early in a lot of countries xD

Allright, but thanks for your help anyway! I need all information that I can get.

How exactly do players find out about your server?  Do you have a forum or something like that?

If all else fails, what i'd do is, password your server having banned him from your forum and then anybody who wishes to join your server just send them the password or something like that.  Then again that doesn't stop him, or even her, from accessing your forum via another computer and pretending to be a new member.

I've read similiar threads but none of them had an actual conclusion for my issue.

So we have this one client always messing around so we decided to ban him. Beside the fact that he has dynamic IP he also uses VPN's to connect to our server. My question know is is there a mod or something to ban his MAC-Adress? I think this isnt as easy as to change his IP...or is there even something better? Anything that you cant change?

Why ban him ??  If he uses a dynamic IP address, you can contact his ISP with an abuse report and they will take care of the rest . . .

Signature.jpg

What 'messing around' is he doing? Trolling/ laming or what? Are you running any mods that could be used to punish him?

For nefarious people that I can't get rid of, I'd kick them and watch them come back and boot them again. If you have a thing that prevents more than one connection from an IP within a certain time limit, that keeps them out for a bit until they change IP. Keep at it long enough and eventually they will give up for that hour or something. They'll come back another day and you gotta repeat.

It's not a permanent solution, but it gets across the message that you're not giving in and that their methods aren't doing them much good.

CaptainCrazy and Futuza like this

Another thing that might help, depending on what he's doing is banning certain keywords from user names (eg: if he likes to name himself douchebag or some variation on that, ban any username containing douche).  That makes him come up with a new uniquish username every time which may or may not deter him.  Probably won't do much, but like Stranger said best thing is to annoy him back.

CaptainCrazy likes this

JKG Developer