This looks nice

Amxtt

Hello there!

My name is Matt, or Amxtt, and I am 23 years old, from New Zealand. I'm also Straight Edge ( http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Straight_edge ) which is one of the most interesting things about me, so that's why I'm sharing.

I like the look of this place! I'm not new to Jedi Academy (though I haven't played the others in the Jedi Knight series, I'm working on it) since I used to play from the discs, way back when. Now, I have the whole Jedi Knight collection on Steam. 

I am new, however, to the online scene, and the modding scene. In the past I just used to play SP. I've tried out a few mods (skins and models mostly, gotta have Obi-Wan in there) and have just tried out some multiplayer.

If anyone could provide me some information for a multiplayer noob, that'd be good, starting with how to find servers. I tried what I think was a search and only 2 came up (small ones, with not many players). Is there some sort of mod I need to get (JA+, Movie Battles II, etc) to open up some servers? Like I said, I'm a noob.

Looking forward to meeting everyone here, and sorry for the novel, I tend to ramble.  :unsure:

Cheers, 

Amxtt.

Circa likes this

Welcome! I too enjoy playing SP and never really played MP until recently.

I'm assuming since you have the Steam version, that your JA is up to date? It should be 1.01. You can see in the bottom right corner of the console.

That could be one problem with not seeing many servers.

This could help, if you can get it to work:

Another thing could just be the settings you're using to search for servers.

Amxtt likes this