JK2 reborn sounds

Hooray!

I read the description and it says that the old reborn sounds are fixed in MP, but what about SP? Did you edit their NPC sound files to have the original ones?

I mainly want this for fixed classic reborn sounds in SP.

Yes they are. :)

I'll edit the description to clarify it does both.

Hmm. Weird.

I'll look into it tomorrow.

Hold on, it seems that cutting the file doesn't work, but copying it does.

Also you made a few goofs - You gave the normal Reborn model to the Forceuser, and gave the Force User model to the normal Reborn.

EDIT

Additionally, the Shadowtrooper in singleplayer appears to have no sounds still.

Desann in SP is missing his jump sound, and the different automatic taunts he makes when he gets pushed (you DARE to push ME?). Further, one of his /gloat lines is "Once again, you have failed, Katarn." "Katarn" is cut off of that quote, it ends abruptly after "failed".

It's still a nice mod though. Here's hoping for a V2

Also...why did I get an encrypted file named "Restoration" with nothing inside of it?

Hold on, it seems that cutting the file doesn't work, but copying it does.

Also you made a few goofs - You gave the normal Reborn model to the Forceuser, and gave the Force User model to the normal Reborn.

EDIT

Additionally, the Shadowtrooper in singleplayer appears to have no sounds still.

Desann in SP is missing his jump sound, and the different automatic taunts he makes when he gets pushed (you DARE to push ME?). Further, one of his /gloat lines is "Once again, you have failed, Katarn." "Katarn" is cut off of that quote, it ends abruptly after "failed".

It's still a nice mod though. Here's hoping for a V2

Also...why did I get an encrypted file named "Restoration" with nothing inside of it?

Well it's a ZIP file. You can't cut out of zip files. Was that your problem? You're supposed to either extract the contents elsewhere or copy and paste them elsewhere. You can't cut and paste them. You can't edit ZIP files at all.

Shoot. Well I saw in the .skin files for the reborn that the default model is actually using the intended Force User textures and the Force User model is using the default textures. I thought it was a JA thing but now I see it was like that in JK2 as well. I kind of like it better that way but if you want me to change it, I will. Either way is fine with me.

I wasn't even aware that Shadowtroopers had sounds. I will fix that!

I'm not sure what happened with Desann's sounds. I'll fix that too.

I use a Mac, so the file system is a little weird looking on PC. I forgot to run it through a cleaner before uploading it. Sorry!

I'll get to working on these fixes and release a 1.1. If you think of any more, let me know!

EDIT: I had some time so here's 1.1

I use a Mac, so the file system is a little weird looking on PC. I forgot to run it through a cleaner before uploading it. Sorry!

Oh, I guess that explains a lot of the issues. There must be a lot of weird conflicts going on sending stuff from one OS to another.

I almost forgot Shadowtroopers had sounds too LOL....they were always so quiet! I only remember they have sounds because I literally just finished a re-playthrough of Outcast.

You fixed Desann's sounds, yay! I'm especially happy because I was using another Desann sound mod in the past that had the same bug with his jump sounds and his taunts.

This time around, the only error I noticed was that the Shadowtrooper's force gem (the little crystal he drops when he dies in SP) is just 3 RGB lines. Everything else is working properly.

Hmm Circa...if you ever need someone to test a mod, I'm your man :P

Oh, I guess that explains a lot of the issues. There must be a lot of weird conflicts going on sending stuff from one OS to another.

I almost forgot Shadowtroopers had sounds too LOL....they were always so quiet! I only remember they have sounds because I literally just finished a re-playthrough of Outcast.

You fixed Desann's sounds, yay! I'm especially happy because I was using another Desann sound mod in the past that had the same bug with his jump sounds and his taunts.

This time around, the only error I noticed was that the Shadowtrooper's force gem (the little crystal he drops when he dies in SP) is just 3 RGB lines. Everything else is working properly.

Hmm Circa...if you ever need someone to test a mod, I'm your man :P

I guess I should have let you test this one first... :D

Force crystal model is added. All good? I ran it through a cleaner, were there any weird files still?

• 10 years later...
On 9/12/2013 at 3:15 AM, Circa said:

I guess I should have let you test this one first... :D

Force crystal model is added. All good? I ran it through a cleaner, were there any weird files still?

Appreciate this I'm replying to an old post, but is this still available to download? Loved the old Reborn voices.

• 4 months later...