[MAP] Villa Entrance (CV64/LOD)

Here's the beginning of the Villa from CV64/LOD. This is near the beginning of the game, right after working through the towers and the castle gate area that occurs after the first level of the game. So I guess this is technically "Area 3" of the game. The Hedgemaze and Villa Underground maps that are in this subforum are all also part of the "Villa" area. Eventually I'll do the inside of the Villa too, but one thing at a time. ;) Hopefully I can have the whole Villa area done at some point.

villastart_zps9f8ef4bf.png

65%
65%

Botdra, it loks great and all -- but please, make ONE thread with all your CV maps. You're pestering the forums with Castlevania threads :/

Also, that is what this Mod Project Forum is for.

That. Just how is it pestering you?

You do realize this is a mod project forum? This is the entire reason we made a mod project forum, to have a workspace. I see no reason why this should pester you at all. You don't have to come to this subforum if you don't want to, no one is forcing you to open every thread I make. Unless someone is pointing a gun to your head and making you do so... in which case I sincerely apologize and should probably call the cops.

That. Just how is it pestering you?

You do realize this is a mod project forum? This is the entire reason we made a mod project forum, to have a workspace. I see no reason why this should pester you at all. You don't have to come to this subforum if you don't want to, no one is forcing you to open every thread I make. Unless someone is pointing a gun to your head and making you do so... in which case I sincerely apologize and should probably call the cops.

Perhaps I should. But even then, wouldn't it be rather more organized? I'm just giving a tip, y'know? Sorry if I offended you or something.

Perhaps I should. But even then, wouldn't it be rather more organized? I'm just giving a tip, y'know? Sorry if I offended you or something.

I just don't understand how this inconveniences you (or the whole forum, apparently...) so much that you see the need to ask us to merge all of our threads... in a mod project forum. It is organized the way it is, I think. The threads are labeled by the type of WIP it is, and they are separated for that exact reason, to keep things organized. It's easy for the mod team so we can keep discussions in their proper threads instead of junking up one massive thread with all these different comments on different maps, it's easy for people who are interested in the mod to see what we're working on and what we're not working on. If we merged it all into one thread people would have to go through pages and pages of stuff to find what they're looking for. It's a workspace, and it's working well for us.

I understand someone making a suggestion about what might be a more organized way to present our WIP, and I appreciate that. It's not the way I thought would be most organized so I decided against that idea, but I don't fault you for suggesting it at all. What I don't understand is just how this system makes you (and again, apparently the whole forum) feel so violated and "pestered" by us making threads in our own subforum.

Circa likes this

:huh:

How would it be more organized to have one thread about all of their maps? That makes no sense. That would be confusing. They have multiple people and working on different maps and if it was all in one thread, how would you distinguish between them all in one thread?

:blink:

Botdra likes this

I just don't understand how this inconveniences you (or the whole forum, apparently...) so much that you see the need to ask us to merge all of our threads... in a mod project forum. It is organized the way it is, I think. The threads are labeled by the type of WIP it is, and they are separated for that exact reason, to keep things organized. It's easy for the mod team so we can keep discussions in their proper threads instead of junking up one massive thread with all these different comments on different maps, it's easy for people who are interested in the mod to see what we're working on and what we're not working on. If we merged it all into one thread people would have to go through pages and pages of stuff to find what they're looking for. It's a workspace, and it's working well for us.

I understand someone making a suggestion about what might be a more organized way to present our WIP, and I appreciate that. It's not the way I thought would be most organized so I decided against that idea, but I don't fault you for suggesting it at all. What I don't understand is just how this system makes you (and again, apparently the whole forum) feel so violated and "pestered" by us making threads in our own subforum.

I'm just saying, perhaps have like CV Mod > Wip then have Map subforum, Weapons subforum, and in there, have all the different threads perhaps? or have in the WIP different threads (weapons, maps, like i said before) and with everything of that category in it seperated like

Map 1

[spoiler of map 1]

etc. Anyway, sorry about that, and I may have gone over the top. Once again I apologize.