making an emplaced lightsaber hilt?

as the title says it, I want to place some lightsaber hilts like Erstok in his map Jedicouncilgcx-2010

examples:

44Sfy.jpg

44Sj7.jpg

I want to place some hilts in a Council room as decorations

using misc_G2model doesnt work, misc_model_statics dont work and misc_models neither afaik.

ive tried converting the hilts into a md3 but i think i messed things up; also, in Erstok's pk3 are no hilts in the models/ directory.

Soon help would be very appreciated :3

@wonko, due to not answering stuff anymore on map-forge.net i decided to state this questions on jkhub - considered to be a more active community.

You'd be right. There are many people here that should be able to help you. I think mappers are in abundance in this community.

Ignore that and feel free to leave the .md3 out if you're just using misc_model.

I get what you mean, but I recommend it for purposes in the case that you lost your model files because it can happen. It happened to me when a hard drive crashed. I got the .map from my .bsp but I lost all my models. So yes, mrwonko is correct that it will still work without them in the .pk3, but it's just a personal recommendation of mine I should've mentioned that, so I apologize.

I get what you mean, but I recommend it for purposes in the case that you lost your model files because it can happen. It happened to me when a hard drive crashed. I got the .map from my .bsp but I lost all my models. So yes, mrwonko is correct that it will still work without them in the .pk3, but it's just a personal recommendation of mine I should've mentioned that, so I apologize.

In that case, also include the .map, because lots of information gets lost when you decompile a .bsp back into .map.

In that case, also include the .map, because lots of information gets lost when you decompile a .bsp back into .map.

The only thing I've ever lost is proper texture placement, but at least it's possible to get most of the map information back rather than having your hands be empty like it'd be with the models.

You lose entities and lights a lot of the time too. And any ase models.

You're most likely correct. I honestly forgot about the model files when backing up one of my maps ages ago, so I don't want people to make the same mistake. The point I was trying to make is that you don't want to lose those files, that's all. You don't HAVE to put them in your pk3, that's just the way I did it.