How do I keep a Model status off in modview (HELP)

OvqcOhl.png

So, I am pretty new at skinning/modelling (Thats a little bit of my skin for an old RP skin known as Darth Hades but, off topic), but basically I need help figuring out how to turn keep the 'Set Status: Off' stay on the model.

xM4YLkl.png

I know it will look a bit silly after I set the status off, but I am only using this as an example. I just wanna know how to keep it off and it seems most people on JKhub are pretty good at modelling/skinning, please help me I am trying to do this for my friend and he is confused on the subject aswell.

Ej9s3Ul.png

It does look pretty silly and I need some help. Thanks to anyone who replies.

Do you mean you want the surface to stay off everytime you open that model in Modview, or to have it off when you play the mod in-game?

For the former, open the model and turn off the relevant status. Then save it as a script (I forget the format) in the same folder as the model itself (doesn't have to be, but this is an easy place to re-find it in the future). This saves specific settings for a model in Modview. So in future, you just open that script instead of the model itself, and Modview will open it up with the same custom settings you saved it with.

Yep, hide the selectyed body parts, then "file > write script" and save. Then each time you open the skin you're going to have to load the script. As far as i'm aware that's the only way you'd do it from modview's side.

The alternative is to turn off the body parts in the .skin file so that they are hidden automatically. Don't know how? Open the model_name.skin file in notepad, find the body part you want to be hidden, and change the filepath after the comma to "*off". Then every time you load it up in modview/in-game, those body parts won't be shown.

The skin file is the easiest way to do this. Don't bother with the other said methods.

Also, this is the wrong section for this topic. It should be in the Modding Assistance section. Just letting you know for future topics you make.