Getting map effects to work in sp

Alot of the effects in maps only work in MP. I thought it was impossible to make effects work in SP until I saw something that was modified that made it happen. In Kotf a map like Sjc's Mustafar used to not have fire,smoke,and steam effects in Sp now they somehow made that happen. I cannot ask the Kotf guys about it since the mod is done forever. I hope someone feels my pain I have wanted to see Plasma's lava effect

from his Mustafar map in SP for years...

I think MoonDog is referring to the fact that you mentioned some "accomplishment" of KotF, a "mod" with many mods stolen without permission from their original creators (and Tim, KotF's "creator," taking credit for all the content, himself, none of which is actually his), that was actually a complete scam in order to make money by getting donations, with the obvious lie that he needed the money to "continue" his "mod" with a new pc build. From what I gather, the "mod" was actually never meant to be completed as it never really existed in the first place, just a tool for Tim to make free money, which is highly illegal. Sure, an "Alpha" was released, but it wasn't anything Tim hyped it up to be, and may have been a way to throw his supporters/victims a bone so he can get continued support and more donations, not to mention that the "alpha was completely comprised of stolen content. Because of these facts, any mentioning of KotF, as if it were a "legitimate mod," are met with great and absolute disdain from the rest of the Jedi Outcast/Academy modding community.

therfiles likes this

I think MoonDog is referring to the fact that you mentioned some "accomplishment" of KotF, a "mod" with many mods stolen without permission from their original creators (and Tim, KotF's "creator," taking credit for all the content, himself, none of which is actually his), that was actually a complete scam in order to make money by getting donations, with the obvious lie that he needed the money to "continue" his "mod" with a new pc build. From what I gather, the "mod" was actually never meant to be completed as it never really existed in the first place, just a tool for Tim to make free money, which is highly illegal. Sure, an "Alpha" was released, but it wasn't anything Tim hyped it up to be, and may have been a way to throw his supporters/victims a bone so he can get continued support and more donations, not to mention that the "alpha was completely comprised of stolen content. Because of these facts, any mentioning of KotF, as if it were a "legitimate mod," are met with great and absolute disdain from the rest of the Jedi Outcast/Academy modding community.

That changed my view on that mod forever.

Master Ridley likes this

No idea somebody could have sunken that low?

And to awnser your question. Yes you can make efx's for SP. Although some require a different approach as I figured it out (

) --> difference between mp and sp efx and not working... You can pull out an efx out of the assets and put it in a custom folder, and it will work. (i did that for the explosion, so instead to link it to the original position, you grab the efx out of the assets and create an own folder. For me i refer the explosion fom top in the entity window to "impbase/hugeexplosion" with a key fxFile)

Hope this helps you out too

No idea somebody could have sunken that low?

And to awnser your question. Yes you can make efx's for SP. Although some require a different approach as I figured it out (

) --> difference between mp and sp efx and not working... You can pull out an efx out of the assets and put it in a custom folder, and it will work. (i did that for the explosion, so instead to link it to the original position, you grab the efx out of the assets and create an own folder. For me i refer the explosion fom top in the entity window to "impbase/hugeexplosion" with a key fxFile)

Hope this helps you out too

The effects I am trying to get to work were made by someone else not the Raven. I took them out created a folder went into fx_runner entities and changed the name to match the name of the folder and it messed up. Sorry I am confused or I am doing it right but it just is not working. If you can maybe show me or make a instructional video?

I havent been in a position yet to make an own efx file and try using it in SP. Did you try it in MP and did it work? Maybe thats the first step you need to try. Also make sure your path is right. I used for instance in the entity window to "impbase/hugeexplosion" with a key fxFile. However, I know also that it tends to bug there as well and you have to add the effects folder to it as well, so it would be "effects/impbase/hugeexplosion" in my case. First i suggest, create a itty bitty tiny map in mp and test your custom fx there. If it does, test it in SP and if it doesn't maybe the effect needs to be modded or so. Not sure. But as far as I know, all effects SHOULD work for SP as in MP