Making mirrored textures independent?

I was working on a reskin and then realized that one part of the texture I was editing is actually just mirrored onto the model... would I have to completely re-map the model in order to have independent sides of the object? Is there a way around this? I know that base Boba model has a decal on just one shoulder that was overlayed somehow, could I do something similar?

You could load the model into Blender with my plugin, duplicate it, create a new UV map for the original, then bake the old texture on the new one so you don't have to retexture it. Keeps the weighting intact, can just be re-exported once done. (I actually did that before for a badly UV-mapped but nicely textured model.)

You could load the model into Blender with my plugin, duplicate it, create a new UV map for the original, then bake the old texture on the new one so you don't have to retexture it. Keeps the weighting intact, can just be re-exported once done. (I actually did that before for a badly UV-mapped but nicely textured model.)

Thanks guys.

I've really got no skills with modeling whatsoever, and probably won't start anytime soon. Maybe down the road.

@@AshuraDX: And how do I tell if it's two different meshes?