Tutorial on how to compile OpenJK?

Yes, noob here. I just would like to know how to compile the latest version of OpenJK. I downloaded the source files and opened the main project file but I tried compiling it in Visual Studio 2010 and it gave me some errors and nothing happened...

I'm still getting some errors. I opened JediAcademy.sln and Right Clicked -> Build Solution on Solution 'JediAcademy' and it says 3 builds failed.

2>LINK : fatal error LNK1123: failure during conversion to COFF: file invalid or corrupt
========== Build: 0 succeeded, 3 failed, 0 up-to-date, 0 skipped ==========

OK, i seem to have gotten around the error. Since I remember reading that the source compiles on VS2012, I installed it and compiled OpenJK.sln and everything succeeded. I believe that is the MP code though.

I tried compiling JediAcademy.sln (the single player code i believe) in VS2012 as well and it didn't work either. Same COFF error. At this point only OpenJK.sln seems to work.

Installing it now...

Why doesn't the Jedi Outcast code compile? I'm interested in compiling that because of the removal of the CD check. It's such a pain for me to have to go and find my JO disk everytime I've wanted to play, and any No-CDs I've tried never work. 

Because it's irrelevant. jasp.exe runs JK2 as well as JKA now, provided you keep JKA assets away from JK2. Do "set com_jk2 1" on startup, and it'll run JK2 instead of JKA.

The stuff in codeJK2/ is meant for jk2gamex86.dll, which is the JK2 equivalent of jagamex86.dll, and is more or less considered the equivalent of modcode. The JA solution includes the jk2gamex86 code and it compiles both jagamex86 and jk2gamex86 into the same folders.

Because it's irrelevant. jasp.exe runs JK2 as well as JKA now, provided you keep JKA assets away from JK2. Do "set com_jk2 1" on startup, and it'll run JK2 instead of JKA.

Oh, good to know.

EDIT: Also, by the way, Installing VS2010 SP1 has fixed the problem. Everything compiled successfully.

I still have one more issue with compiling it. After installing Visual Studio 2010 SP 1, all jasp.exe code compiled successfully. However when I compiled codemp, 3 builds succeeded, 3 failed. 

The engine.x86.exe also crashes when I run it. It's probably because of those 3 failed builds.

OK, this is what it says in the debug output screen:

'engine.x86.exe' (Win32): Loaded 'C:\Windows\SysWOW64\psapi.dll'. Cannot find or open the PDB file.
The program '[1592] engine.x86.exe' has exited with code 0 (0x0).