SP Coding help for saber powers?

So, I keep thinking this should be moved, I feel like I'm hogging space from people making actual requests for models and stuff. This is more of a "I'd like someone to help me work on something for a mod I'm making...", perhaps modding assistance or general modding discussion would be better?

Anyhow, would anyone with some coding ability be willing to help me take this up now? I'd even take a crack at it myself but I find the game's code very confusing looking as I don't understand C++ syntax and vocabulary. Best I'd could do is make little edits. I'd be thankful for any help  ;) .

Yeah I'm trying to learn things looking at the code. I did a semester of BASIC about 10 years ago in college so I'm not completly lost. Just mostly. I'm finding variables that will be worth changing for some test mods.

It's fine to keep this here. I'll help in anyway I can.

^Yeah I'm learning some Visual Basic right now, which is useful. I also know a lot about Scratch, which is a very simplistic GUI sprite-based program, but it gets you in the coding mindset sorta.

I noticed in C++ here that some of the difficulty in reading the code lies in interpreting the symbols/hieroglyphics. Like instead of writing "And" in the code they'll use "==" which means the same thing, which makes a piece of code prolly look more complex than it really is.

Visual Basic isn't useful at all, because C++ and Basic are two totally different languages.

Also, == is the same as the Is operator in Visual Basic, not And (And in Basic = & in C++). Just a heads-up.

But no, C++ is really simple once you get the hang of it. The big confusing elements of it for beginners I have to say would be:

• Templates
  • Pointers / Pointer Math (C++ is fairly unique for having 'em these days)
  • Arrays
  • Strings (the C kind anyway. the C++/STL kind are MUCH easier to work with)
  • Classes / inheritance (hard in any language)
  • Overloads, particularly Overloaded Operators

Well my errors aside you know what I meant^.

I don't see how Basic is of no use... I mean it helps you understand basic text-coding principles and structure, even if it's a lot different from C++. By overloaded operators do you mean short-circuit operators? (I'm guessing no...)