Shader on a Reskinned Hilt

Go to solution Solved by Azatha,

New shader problem!

I have reskinned my shaders, and I used the shader from my previous help post, which had worked. I create .skin files for each hilt, renamed the folders, and the file paths in the .skin and the .shader, as well as making the entry in the .sab. Now, the skins work, but neither shaders work at all anymore. The rest of JEDI renames their folders in the same way, and I've compared how mine is next to theirs, and to my old one (which worked), but cannot find any issue. Anyone have any idea why the shaders would just quit working?

Alright, I've had 4 people look at this file and cannot find anything wrong with it. So a cookie to anyone who can. Chocolate chip. The size of a pizza.

Here's the files: https://docs.google.com/file/d/0Bx8fWcG-ZIvyR2tjenNZV05XN0k/edit

All 3 hilts should have shiny shaders. All 3 hilts should have glowy buttons. the syrena_mala saber has 3 spiky bits near the emitter, but they should be invisible and not show at all.

All textures work. Everything works. Just not the shaders. They worked, I changed folder names, and folder paths in the .shaders and .sab files and .skin files. Then they didn't.

Kill me.

• Solution

Alright, issue solved. My husband figured it out!

First, the .glms needed to be renamed to saber_w.glm. Then, the skin files slashes needed changed from \ to / (not my doing, they came with the original hilt). That made everything work.

Nope, it was definitely that. Apparently once the folder name is changed, those files had to be changed. I know what was fixed because I did the physical fixing of it. No changes to the .sab. The entirety of the JEDI Weapons Pack is done this way, apparently.

Yes. The path in the .sab was correct. I had done more work hours after I sent the files to you, and many others saw they were correct too and had been scratching their heads. The solution I posted was what fixed things in the end, after making sure that all file paths in every entry were correct.