Blender Questions

I'm trying to import a bsp file into blender. I'm using the 4.2 version. every time I import the bps the map doesn't show up and I get this error message in the log:

image.png.35ac303d52a265ecefbd0457aaee1c60.png

How do I fix this?

Also when I import glm(weapon) file I get this error message in the log:

image.png.b0c31a9c2ef89c99f5b8161eec62bc08.png

Is there a specific place I need to have the files or does it not matter?

1 hour ago, undeadslayer said:

@mrwonko Thank you for the help. I was able to import the weapon and paint it, the painted weapon is now in the DF mod.

@SomaZ I do have the latest version of that. Blender is saying Attributeerror: 'mesh' object has no attribute 'use_auto_smooth'.

How do I fix this?

You definitly don't have the latest version of the addon, because I fixed this already. Get the pre-release I linked above.

On 9/6/2024 at 6:50 PM, undeadslayer said:

@SomaZ I do have one more question, I can't seem to get the bps to export to map format. I keep getting this error:

image.png.6e2e63cf3f1d2beb3919b4237ef2835b.png

How do I fix this so I can export the map?

First of all, the exporter you tried using is part of wonkos addon, not mine. This exporter is supposed to export every surface as a patch mesh. Patch meshes are somewhat limited and you should avoid using patches for regular geometry except for curved surfaces.

I submitted a patch to fix the exporter, but I assume you actually want to copy a complete map with that approach, which is not recommended and probably also not actually doable.